May 1, 2022 at 5:33 am #704021
New to this site. I have a deposit on a 2022 GMC Denali that the dealership paperwork shows a built with an ETA of 4/29/2022. But that’s all they can tell me. Is there a way for me to track an order since I have a VIN and a build order number so I can get an expected ship date? Thanks for any info
May 4, 2022 at 10:48 am #704512
Only way to do so outside your dealer is through the live chat feature on the GMC website. Initiate a chat and when the automated agent replies to you, type in something like “vehicle order status” and you’ll be redirected to a live agent. Be prepared to provide some details AND your order number. They will provide you with the most up to date details available “in the system.”
ProTip – do this from your phone. The chat will be directed to your messenger and then you will have an easier way to reopen a chat session with them later (if you don’t delete the message).
May 5, 2022 at 5:28 am #704675
And be prepared to get a different story from each agent you chat with. I have had stories from my truck is being built in Flint, which I know is false since they don’t build 1500’s to it was built three weeks ago, to even it is half built!!!! I get an email from them every Tuesday and it is carbon copy from week to week. I think these “agents” are somewhere under a rock with a set of canned answers to dole out. I know of a man who just received his truck last week just 11 days shy of one year when it was allocated. You either have to be patient as hell or just try to find something else to buy.
May 6, 2022 at 11:23 am #704918
Thanks for the replies. After “chatting online with a rep for 15-20mins she told me there is nothing else they can do, I must have the Dealership Sales Manager call the GM Dealer Business Center to get anymore info. I called the Sales Manager and he told me HE has been waiting for HIS truck since an announced/stated ETA of March 15!! He supposedly did call and they could not provide anymore info. So I guess I screwed myself into the ground by selling my truck without the new one being here. I now have no way to tow my Fifth Wheel. Lesson learned. When dealer says it’s built and gives you an arrival date, don’t believe it.
May 9, 2022 at 9:17 pm #705209
2022 Denali 1500 super cruise package sitting dormant at ft Wayne since March 22 3800 code.
May 11, 2022 at 7:39 am #705410
I don’t know if this is going to shock anyone here, because we are all getting delays because of chip shortages and some trucks had gas tank recalls like mine.
* But I ordered my GMC Denali Crew Cab, 2500HD, Ultimate Package, and Everything I wanted, ALL ORDERED approx. 8 months ago!
* Around Sept 20th, 2021, I placed an order on a truck that was not sold, but in the Dealerships Supply Chain, and I WAS FORTUNATE, to get exactly what I wanted, but it’s crazy how long it’s taking.
* When I ordered it, the truck had an event code of 3800 which means it’s about to be made
* A few months later Sales Rep says good news Truck is made getting ready to ship to the dealership, a week later says
* There were about 3 (if I recall correctly) plants are temporarily closing due to chip shortage, and your truck will have to wait to get a chip
* Come December 20th approx., Sales Rep calls “looks like Christmas is coming early, GET YOU FUNDS TOGETHER!”
* I pull out $80k from an investment, and when I didn’t hear from him in 2 weeks I called and he said,
* Sorry, just learned that your truck along with about 30 to 50,000 SUVs, and Luxury Versions Trucks &/Or Autos THAT REQUIRE the Technology Package Chip had been sitting out in a massive field, a farm, or ranch, but NOW THERE IS A SHORTAGE OF DELIVERY TRUCKS, TO DELIVER ALL THE VEHICLES BECAUSE these Delivery Trucks ALSO have their own shortages and are constrained.
* I think around March I learned that my truck was a part of Gas Tank Recall (maybe the underbelly of all those vehicles being driven out to a muddy field, caused some damage…of course, I am only speculating, because that’s the only option we have at this point).
But since I checked in last, the story is GMC MGT is not providing any more information to the dealerships so far…
Maybe there is more to the story… If anyone else can give me some insight, much appreciated.
I plan on checking in with them this week and wanted to do some research first. I HAVE LITERALLY LOST ABOUT $7000 from having to “get my funds together,” a combination of interest charges, opportunity cost, and plans to refinance with lenders fell through also cost money, etc… Truly a mess, and no one is at fault, but we should all be informed better, in my opinion…
Anyhow hope that gives some insight to those facing similar circumstances… Time to get to work, good day!
May 11, 2022 at 8:26 am #705467
3800 code means your truck has been produced. The only thing I have heard is mine is on a “SOFT QUALITY HOLD”. Therefore my truck has been sitting for 2 mo. Gmc is very tight lipped about shipping/reasons/chips/etc. you would think 80k they would be a little more transparent.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.