2024 GMC Yukon
The 2024 GMC Yukon will represent the fourth model year of the fifth generation full-size SUV, for which it will receive a mid-cycle refresh. As a reminder, the Yukon range was completely overhauled for the 2021 model year.
|Assembly Location||Arlington, Texas, USA|
|Body Style(s)||Full-Size SUV|
|Engine(s)||3.0L LZ0 I6 Duramax (Diesel), 5.3L L84 V8 (Gas), 6.2L L87 V8 (Gas)|
|Drive Wheels||Rear-Wheel-Drive, Four-Wheel-Drive|
|Availability||North America, Middle East, select export markets|
|Predecessor||2023 GMC Yukon|
|Successor||2025 GMC Yukon|
We expect the 2024 GMC Yukon to get the following changes and updates:
- Overhauled cockpit, with new a new, larger infotainment screen and a revised center stack on non-Denali models
- Denali models expected to continue with interior similar to that of current, pre-refresh models
- New 3.0L LZ0 turbodiesel Duramax engine to replace the 3.0L LM2 Duramax diesel
- The new LZ0 delivers more power and torque, while fixing some refinement issues, most notably the long crank issue; see how the two compare at this link: LZ0 vs LM2
- Notably, there’s a good chance that the 2024 Yukon AT4 will be offered with the “Baby Duramax” LZ0 engine; by comparison, the 2021, 2022 and 2023 Yukons did not offer the AT4 trim with a diesel option since the engine didn’t fit with the “high-cut” front fascia of the Z71
- Addition of dual-mode exhaust (active / valved exhaust) system on models with 6.2L V8 L87 engine
Yukon vs. Yukon XL
The Yukon is a shorter-length variant of the GMC Yukon XL, with the Yukon XL having a longer wheelbase and overall length that delivers more interior space, particularly in the third row and cargo area.
A longer version of the same architecture is used by the GMC Yukon XL, Chevy Suburban, and Cadillac Escalade ESV. Additionally, a version of the same platform is also used by the 2019 and newer Chevy Silverado as well as the 2019 and newer GMC Sierra.
See running GMC Yukon sales numbers by month and/or quarter.
Discuss the 2024 GMC Yukon in our GMC forum.
However, local market lease offers are available, though they’re not particularly enticing.
650 ponies on demand!