2020 GMC Yukon
We originally expected the GMC Yukon to be overhauled (redesigned and re-engineered) for the 2020 model year. However, that is not the case, as the all-new fifth-generation model is set to arrive for the 2021 model year, so long as complications caused by the COVID-19 pandemic do not result in any delays.
As such, the 2020 GMC Yukon represents the sixth model year for the fourth-gen Yukon.
Changes, Updates, New Features
- Addition of Carbon Black Metallic exterior color
- Deletion of Pepperdust Metallic exterior color
- Deletion of shade band at the top of windshield
- Addition of Value Plus Edition
- Addition of Denali Premium Package
- Deletion of the following editions and packages:
- Standard Edition Value Package
- Graphite Edition
- Graphite Performance Edition
- Denali Ultimate Package
- Denali Ultimate Black Edition
The 2020 GMC Yukon continues to be offered in two body styles:
- A full-size five-door SUV (2020 Yukon), and
- An extended-length full-size five-door SUV (2020 Yukon XL)
The 2020 Yukon offers the following engine and transmisson choices:
|Engine||Fuel Type||Transmission||Drive||Power hp / kW @ RPM||Torque lb-ft / Nm @ RPM||Gear Ratio|
|5.3L V8 L83||Gasoline||6-Speed Automatic (MYC)||2WD (RWD) or 4WD||355 / 264.83 @ 5600||383 / 517.05 @ 4100||3.08 Standard, 3.42 Available|
|6.2L V8 L86||Gasoline||10-Speed Automatic (MF6)||2WD (RWD) or 4WD||420 / 313.32 @ 5600||460 / 621 @ 4100||3.23|
The 2020 GMC Yukon is offered in the following trim levels:
- SLE (3SA)
- SLT Standard Edition (4S1)
- SLT (4SA)
- Denali (5SA)
Like all fourth-generation units of the GMC Yukon, the 2020 Yukon continues to ride on GM’s GMT K2 platform shared with the Chevrolet Tahoe, Chevrolet Suburban, Cadillac Escalade and GMC Yukon XL. The same basic architecture is also used by the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra.
The 2020 Yukon launched in the fall of the 2019 calendar year.
We expect the 2020 model year to be the final year of production for the fourth-gen Yukon XL, meaning the all-new, fifth-gen Yukon should arrive for the 2021 model year and remain in production thru at least the 2025 model year. An all-new, future GMC Yukon will launch thereafter.
Discuss the 2020 GMC Yukon in our GMC forum.
Follow our coverage of GMC Yukon news as well as:
- 2020 GMC Yukon Changes, Updates, New Features
- 2020 GMC Yukon Denali
- 2020 GMC Yukon XL