2025 GMC Terrain
We expect the 2025 GMC Terrain to receive a complete overhaul (redesign and re-engineering), thereby introducing the first model year of the all-new, third-generation compact crossover SUV.
|Assembly Location||San Luis Potosi, Mexico (expected)|
|Body Style(s)||Five-Door, Compact Crossover SUV|
|Engine(s)||New Small-Displacement Turbo Engine|
|Drive Wheels||Front-Wheel-Drive, All-Wheel-Drive|
|Availability||North America, Middle East, South Korea|
|Predecessor||2024 GMC Terrain|
|Successor||2026 GMC Terrain|
The 2025 GMC Terrain will be completely overhauled, bringing an all-new, third generation model to market. Here’s what we expect from the all-new, 2025 Terrain.
- A better execution of the AT4 off-road-oriented trim, with better off-road performance and more rugged looks
- Potential addition of Elevation as a trim level
- Complete overhaul of exterior
- Overall size and footprint to remain similar to current, second-gen Terrain
- More expressive design, with more of an upright shape than the current model
- More prominent execution of GMC’s C-shaped signature headlight
- C-Shaped tail lights
- Dual exhaust
- Knobby, off-road-oriented General Grabber AT tires on AT4 trim level
- More expressive wheel designs across all models, particularly Elevation and AT4
“I gotta tell you, it’s one of the most beautiful SUVs in that segment,” said GM President, Mark Reuss, during the 2022 GM Investor Day event. “Again, very GMC, very truck, very Professional Grade, so a big interior and exterior enhancement for the Terrain.”
- Complete overhaul of interior, with better ergonomics and more usable space
- Revamped gauge cluster (instrument panel), with higher-end trims receiving a fully digital instrument panel
- Revamped infotainment system with a larger screen and revamped software
- New and improved active safety (ADAS) features, such as Super Cruise semi-autonomous highway assistant
- New steering wheel
- New colors and materials
- The 2025 GMC Terrain will be based on the D2-2 architecture, an updated version of the GM D2 platform used by the second-gen Terrain
- The same platform will be used by the 2025 Chevy Equinox
- Powered by a new, small-displacement turbocharged engine mated to GM’s 9-speed automatic transmission
- Standard front-wheel-drive (FWD) and optional all-wheel-drive (AWD) on most models
- Activ/Z71 trim might feature AWD as standard
- Adoption of GM’s Global B electronic architecture, allowing over-the-air (OTA) updates to systems and components
Production & Availability
- We expect the 2025 GMC Terrain to be produced at the GM San Luis Potosi plant in Mexico
- Production is expected to begin in mid 2024, with the first units beginning to arrive in either late 2024 or early 2025
Thus far, we have not yet spied the 2025 GMC Terrain undergoing testing. We will update this section when we catch a prototype.
Follow our latest news coverage at these links:
See GMC Terrain sales numbers for all markets, including the United States, Canada, Mexico, and more.
Discuss the 2025 GMC Terrain in our GMC forum.
Plus, low-interest financing with monthly payments deferred until 2024.