2021 GMC Terrain Denali
The GMC Terrain was originally expected to be refreshed for the 2021 model year, however, due to complications caused by the Coronavirus pandemic, the changes were pushed into the 2022 model year (see more 2022 GMC Terrain info).
As such, the fourth model year of the second-generation Terrain Denali sees very few changes from the 2020 model year.
Changes, Updates, New Features
- Denali models will have late availability for the 2021 model year
- Deletion of Smokey Quartz Metallic exterior color option
- Deletion of turbocharged 2.0-liter LTG 4-cylinder engine
- Deletion of 9-Speed Automatic Transmission (M3H)
- Deletion of 3.17 axle ratio
- Deletion of Dual-outlet stainless-steel exhaust
- Deletion of 17-inch front and 16-inch rear 4-wheel antilock disc brakes (J17)
See detailed 2021 Terrain Denali changes, updates and new features here: 2021 GMC Terrain Denali change log.
The updates and changes described here are specific to the U.S. market and may be different for other markets.
The 2021 GMC Terrain Denali continues to be offered as a compact five-door crossover utility vehicle (CUV).
The 2021 GMC Terrain Denali offers a single engine choice:
|Engine||Fuel||Aspiration||Transmission||Horsepower @ RPM||Torque @ RPM||Axle|
|1.5L LYX I4||Gasoline||Turbocharged||9-speed automatic MNH||170 @ 5600||203 @ 2000-4000||3.50, 3.87|
Like all second-generation units of the GMC Terrain, the 2021 Terrain Denali rides on the GM D2 platform shared with the following vehicles:
- Chevrolet Cruze (second-generation)
- Chevrolet Equinox (third-generation)
- Buick Envision (first-generation)
- Buick Excelle (second-generation)
- Buick Verano (second-generation)
The 2021 GMC Terrain Denali follows the regular GM model year rollover sequence and launch in or before the third quarter of the 2020 calendar year.
We expect that the current, second-generation GMC Terrain Denali will remain in production for at least the 2021 and 2022 model years, and that an all-new, future GMC Terrain will launch on or after the 2023 model year.
Discuss the 2021 GMC Terrain Denali in our GMC forum.
The range-topping model will rejoin the lineup very soon. Customers have no problem paying $90,000 for a Denali or AT4 product.
Terrain Denali News
The range-topping model will rejoin the lineup very soon.
Customers have no problem paying $90,000 for a Denali or AT4 product.
- 2021 GMC Terrain Denali Changes, Updates, New Features