2021 GMC Terrain Denali
The GMC Terrain was originally expected to be refreshed for the 2021 model year, however, due to complications caused by the Coronavirus pandemic, the changes were pushed into the 2022 model year (see more 2022 GMC Terrain info).
As such, the fourth model year of the second-generation Terrain Denali sees very few changes from the 2020 model year.
Changes, Updates, New Features
- Denali models will have late availability for the 2021 model year
- Deletion of Smokey Quartz Metallic exterior color option
- Deletion of turbocharged 2.0-liter LTG 4-cylinder engine
- Deletion of 9-Speed Automatic Transmission (M3H)
- Deletion of 3.17 axle ratio
- Deletion of Dual-outlet stainless-steel exhaust
- Deletion of 17-inch front and 16-inch rear 4-wheel antilock disc brakes (J17)
See detailed 2021 Terrain Denali changes, updates and new features here: 2021 GMC Terrain Denali change log.
The updates and changes described here are specific to the U.S. market and may be different for other markets.
The 2021 GMC Terrain Denali continues to be offered as a compact five-door crossover utility vehicle (CUV).
The 2021 GMC Terrain Denali offers a single engine choice:
|Engine||Fuel||Aspiration||Transmission||Horsepower @ RPM||Torque @ RPM||Axle|
|1.5L LYX I4||Gasoline||Turbocharged||9-speed automatic MNH||170 @ 5600||203 @ 2000-4000||3.50, 3.87|
Like all second-generation units of the GMC Terrain, the 2021 Terrain Denali rides on the GM D2 platform shared with the following vehicles:
- Chevrolet Cruze (second-generation)
- Chevrolet Equinox (third-generation)
- Buick Envision (first-generation)
- Buick Excelle (second-generation)
- Buick Verano (second-generation)
The 2021 GMC Terrain Denali continues to be assembled at the GM San Luis Potosi factory by GM Mexico.
The 2021 GMC Terrain Denali follows the regular GM model year rollover sequence and launch in or before the third quarter of the 2020 calendar year.
We expect that the current, second-generation GMC Terrain Denali will remain in production for at least the 2021 and 2022 model years, and that an all-new, future GMC Terrain will launch on or after the 2023 model year.
Discuss the 2021 GMC Terrain Denali in our GMC forum.
Average transaction prices are on the rise as well. The crossover is quick to find buyers.
Terrain Denali News
AT4 And Denali Trims Made Up Almost Half Of GMC Sales In 2022
GMC Terrain Currently Running At 15-Day Turning Rate In Canada
Average transaction prices are on the rise as well.
The crossover is quick to find buyers.
- 2021 GMC Terrain Denali Changes, Updates, New Features