2021 GMC Terrain
The GMC Terrain was originally expected to be refreshed for the 2021 model year, however, due to complications caused by the Coronavirus pandemic, the changes were pushed into the 2022 model year (see more 2022 GMC Terrain info).
As such, the fourth model year of the second-generation Terrain sees very few changes from the 2020 model year.
Changes, Updates, New Features
- Denali models will have late availability for the 2021 model year
- Deletion of Smokey Quartz Metallic exterior color option
- Deletion of turbocharged 2.0-liter LTG 4-cylinder engine, which also results in the deletion of the following equipment:
- 9-Speed Automatic Transmission (M3H)
- Trailering equipment (V92)
- Factory-installed trailer hitch (VR2)
- 17-inch front and 16-inch rear 4-wheel antilock disc brakes (J17)
- 3.17 axle ratio
- Dual-outlet stainless-steel exhaust
- 17-inch steel spare wheel
- 17-inch compact spare tire
- Driver Alert Package I (B26) has been renamed to GMC Pro Safety Plus (PED) and no longer requires the Convenience Package
- Deletion of Chrome Package, which was only available for SLT models
See detailed 2021 Terrain changes, updates and new features here: 2021 GMC Terrain change log.
The updates and changes described here are specific to the U.S. market and may be different for other markets.
The 2021 GMC Terrain continues to be offered as a compact five-door crossover utility vehicle (CUV).
The 2021 GMC Terrain offers two gasoline engine choices:
|Engine||Fuel||Aspiration||Transmission||Horsepower @ RPM||Torque @ RPM||Axle|
|1.5L LYX I4||Gasoline||Turbocharged||9-speed automatic MNH||170 @ 5600||203 @ 2000-4000||3.50, 3.87|
Like all second-generation units of the GMC Terrain, the 2021 Terrain rides on the GM D2 platform shared with the following vehicles:
- Chevrolet Cruze (second-generation)
- Chevrolet Equinox (third-generation)
- Buick Envision (first-generation)
- Buick Excelle (second-generation)
- Buick Verano (second-generation)
The 2021 GMC Terrain follows the regular GM model year rollover sequence and launch in or before the third quarter of the 2020 calendar year.
We expect that the current, second-generation GMC Terrain will remain in production for at least the 2021 and 2022 model years, and that an all-new, future GMC Terrain will launch on or after the 2023 model year.
Discuss the 2021 GMC Terrain in our GMC forum.
The offer is slightly less than the previous month. Equinox and Terrain owners may recognize the name.
The offer is slightly less than the previous month.
Equinox and Terrain owners may recognize the name.
- 2021 GMC Terrain Changes, Updates, New Features
- 2021 GMC Terrain Denali