2019 GMC Terrain
The GMC Terrain receive various changes and updates for the 2019 model year, representing the second model year of the second-generation Terrain.
Changes, Updates, New Features
- Deletion of Mineral Metallic exterior color (deleted mid-2018 model year)
- Addition of Smokey Quartz Metallic
- Deletion of LPO/accessory-level Black Accent Package
- Replacement of SLT Chrome Accent Package with Bright Accent Package
- Addition of Chrome Package on SLT (4sA) trim level (non-diesel model), which includes:
- Addition of Dark Accent Package on SLT trim levels (4SA/4SB), which includes:
- Addition of Interior Enhancement Package on SLE (3SA/3SB) SLT trims (4SA/4SB), which includes:
- Addition of Terrain Black Edition as option on SLE (3SA) and SLT (4SA) trims:
- Various package-level changes that you can see in detail at the below link
See detailed 2019 GMC Terrain changes, updates and new features here: 2019 GMC Terrain change log.
The updates and changes described here are specific to the U.S. market and may be different for other markets.
The 2019 GMC Terrain continues to be offered as a compact four-door crossover utility vehicle (CUV) with a hatch fifth door.
Like all second-generation units of the GMC Terrain, the 2019 Terrain continues to ride on GM’s D2 platform shared with the following vehicles:
- Chevrolet Cruze (second generation)
- Chevrolet Equinox (third-generation)
- Buick Envision (first-generation)
- Buick Excelle (second-generation)
- Buick Verano (second-generation)
- Future Cadillac model in the compact class to slot below the Cadillac ATS replacement, likely called Cadillac CT1 or Cadillac CT2
Engines & Transmissions
The 2019 GMC Terrain is offered with the following engines and transmissions.
|Manufacturer||Brand||Model Year||Model||Engine||Fuel Type||Drive||Transmission||Power hp / kW @ RPM||Torque lb-ft / Nm @ RPM|
|General Motors Company||2019||GMC||Terrain||1.5L I4 Turbo LYX DOHC||Gasoline||Front wheel drive||9-speed auto 9T45 93U||170 / 127 @ 5600||203 / 275 @ 2000-4000|
|General Motors Company||2019||GMC||Terrain||1.5L I4 Turbo LYX DOHC||Gasoline||All wheel drive||9-speed auto 9T45 93U||170 / 127 @ 5600||203 / 275 @ 2000-4000|
|General Motors Company||2019||GMC||Terrain||2.0L I4 Turbo LTG DOHC||Gasoline||All wheel drive||9-speed auto 9T50 93H||252 / 188 @ 5500||260 / 353 @ 2500-4500|
|General Motors Company||2019||GMC||Terrain||2.0L I4 Turbo LTG DOHC||Gasoline||Front wheel drive||9-speed auto 9T50 93H||252 / 188 @ 5500||260 / 353 @ 2500-4500|
|General Motors Company||2019||GMC||Terrain||1.6L I4 Turbo LH7||Diesel||Front wheel drive||6-speed auto 6T45 MHG||137 / 102 @ 3750||240 / 325 @ 2000|
|General Motors Company||2019||GMC||Terrain||1.6L I4 Turbo LH7||Diesel||All wheel drive||6-speed auto 6T45 MHG||137 / 102 @ 3750||240 / 325 @ 2000|
The 2019 GMC Terrain follows the regular GM model year rollover sequence and launches in or before the third quarter of calendar year 2018.
We expect that the current, second-generation GMC Terrain will remain in production for at least the 2019, 2020, 2021, and 2022 model years, and that an all-new, future GMC Terrain will launch in or after the 2023 model year.
Discuss the 2019 GMC Terrain in our GMC forum.
The featured offer is only available to current Buick or GMC owners and lessees. Starting July 19th.
The featured offer is only available to current Buick or GMC owners and lessees.
Starting July 19th.
- 2019 GMC Terrain Black Edition
- 2019 GMC Terrain Changes, Updates, New Features
- 2019 GMC Terrain Colors
- 2019 GMC Terrain Order Guide