GMC Sierra HD All Terrain
GMC Sierra HD All Terrain models were off-road-oriented variants that preceded the Sierra HD AT4 pickup truck.
|Model Year(s)||2017 – 2019|
|Engine(s)||5.3L V8, 6.0L V8, 6.6L V8 Diesel|
|Transmission(s)||6-Speed Auto, 8-Speed Auto|
|Availability||U.S.A., Canada, Mexico, Middle East|
The All Terrain nomenclature was first meshed with the Sierra HD model back when the automaker debuted the 2011 Sierra All Terrain HD Concept. However, a production model would not enter the market until the 2015 model year, when GMC introduced the Sierra HD All Terrain as a refined, off-road-inspired execution of the brand’s capability, blending exclusive design features with the versatility of 4WD.
The All Terrain name was offered as a package on the following Sierra HD models:
- 2015-2019 GMC Sierra HD All Terrain
- 2017-2019 GMC Sierra HD All Terrain X
Like the Sierra 1500 All Terrain, the package was offered on SLE or SLT trims, but this would change by the 2018 model year, at which time the package was only offered for SLT models. It included the following content:
- Electronically controlled transfer case
- Z71 Off Road package
- Rancho twin-tube shocks
- Hill descent control
- Skid plate
- 6.0L gas engine was standard, and the Duramax turbo-diesel was an available option
- Chrome surround on the grille
- Exterior graphics
- Aluminum underbody shields
- Unique 18-inch six-spoke chrome cast-aluminum wheels
- Twenty-inch chrome aluminum wheels are available on 2500HD
- 3500HD models also include adjustable outside camper mirrors with a chrome cap
- Light-emitting diode signature headlamps
- Body-color bumpers (chrome bumpers available)
- Chrome mirrors covers
- Chrome body side moldings
- Chrome front-lower bumper plate
- Carbon fiber-inspired interior
- ALL TERRAIN logo on the instrument cluster
- Standard rearview camera system
For the 2017 model year, GMC released an even more potent All Terrain X package for the Sierra HD, which offered a customized appearance that blended a premium package of monochromatic exterior trim and special equipment, complemented with GMC’s latest technologies.
To clarify, the package required the ‘regular’ All Terrain package and included all of its contents, plus added the following:
- 18-inch Black Painted Aluminum wheels (RT4)
- LT 275/65R18 MT blackwall Goodyear Wrangler tires (QF2)
- DuraTrac, Black Bed Mounted Sport Bar
- 4-inch black round assist steps
- Power Adjustable Heated Power Fold Trailering Mirror with integrated Turn Signal, Cargo Lamp, and Amber Clearance Lamp
- Black Mirror Caps
- Black “B” Pillar Vinyl Wrap
- Black Front-Bumper Skid Plate
The All Terrain and All Terrain X packages were consequently discontinued when the Sierra HD AT4 trim level was introduced for the 2020 model year.
Discuss the GMC Sierra HD All Terrain model and package in our GMC forum.
GM incentive spending averaged $2,994 per vehicle in Q3.
GM has found its sense of humor with the Hummer EV.