GMC Sierra 1500 All Terrain
GMC Sierra 1500 All Terrain models were off-road-oriented variants that preceded the currently-available Sierra 1500 AT4 pickup truck.
To clarify, the All Terrain moniker applied to a package available on the Sierra 1500, whereas the AT4 represents an actual trim level for the fourth-generation pickup truck.
|Model Year(s)||2008 – 2018|
|Engine(s)||5.3L V8, 6.2L V8|
|Transmission(s)||6-Speed Auto, 8-Speed Auto|
|Drive Wheels||Rear-Wheel, Four-Wheel-Drive|
|Availability||U.S.A., Canada, Mexico, Middle East|
The All Terrain name was offered as a package on the following Sierra 1500 models:
- 2008-2013 GMC Sierra 1500 All Terrain
- 2015-2018 GMC Sierra 1500 All Terrain
- 2017-2018 GMC Sierra 1500 All Terrain X
The Sierra 1500 All Terrain package traces back as early as the second-generation of the pickup truck, debuting in 2007 and arriving for the 2008 model year. When it arrived, the package including the following equipment:
- Z71 Off-Road Package
- Front and rear carpeted floor mats with embroidered “ALL TERRAIN” logo
- 18-inch x 8-inch (45.7 cm x 20.3 cm) chrome-clad aluminum wheels (RGA)
- P265/65R18 on-/off-road blackwall tires (QXN)
- Outside heated power-adjustable, power-folding body-colored mirrors
- Heavy-duty trailering equipment
- Rancho brand shocks that are White with Red letters
- Body-colored bodyside moldings with chrome accent
- Unique 4-bar horizontal grille insert with chrome surround
- “ALL TERRAIN” badging on the front fenders
- Unique sill plates
- Unique instrument cluster with Z71 logo and mechanical brushed aluminum accents for instrument panel
- Center console and switch trim plates
The Sierra 1500 All Terrain model received all-new styling for the 2014 model year, when the third-generation model entered the market. New additions to the package included front tow hooks, hill descent control, a transfer case shield, and a “carbon fiber-look seat accent” for SLT models equipped with the package.
In 2016 GMC announced the arrival of the Sierra All Terrain X, which was a special edition of the All Terrain model that featured exclusive premium content which enhanced off-road capability and provided an aggressive, monochromatic appearance.
When the current, fourth-generation model arrived for the 2019 model year, the All Terrain package was discontinued and replaced by the AT4 trim level, which offered customers the same off-roading competencies and bold appearance that were associated with the All Terrain sub-brand.
- See complete GMC Sierra 1500 AT4 details here.
Discuss the GMC Sierra 1500 All Terrain model and package in our GMC forum.
2023 GMC Canyon AT4X Production Officially Under Way
Coming after dealing with various delays.
GMC Sierra HD Discount Offers Low-Interest Financing In June 2023
Local market leases also available on the heavy-duty pickup truck.