2022 GMC Sierra HD Changes, Updates, New Features
The 2022 GMC Sierra HD receives the following minor updates and changes:
- Base Sierra trim renamed to Pro trim, retains 1SA RPO code designation
- Deletion of two exterior colors:
- Brownstone Metallic
- Carbon Black Metallic
- Addition of one new exterior color:
- Forest Metallic
- Addition of 20-inch (50.8 cm) machined face aluminum with high gloss Black accents and beadlock appearance (SQ9)
- LPO-level item
- Only available on AT4 and Denali models
- Wheels will come with 4 aluminum 20-inch Transit Wheels from the factory with alignment specs
- Requires LT275/65R20 all-terrain, blackwall tires (QF9)
- Not available with (SFE) wheel locks (LPO-level item)
- Mirror code (DLF) changes to (DLN) for outside heated power-adjustable, manual folding, smaller non-trailer mirror
- Measurements: 11.2-inch (284.73mm) x 7.15-inch (181.69mm)
- Passenger mirror includes flat glass, not convex
- Requires Convenience Package
- Not available with Driver Alert Package I
- Addition of Seat Belt Adjustable Guide Loops
- Front row only
- Only available as standard equipment on Crew Cab or Double Cab models
The updates and changes described here are specific to the U.S. market and may differ for other markets.
Discuss the 2022 GMC Sierra HD in our GMC forum.
Sierra HD News
Both the 2500 HD and 3500 HD models received recognition.
Previously optional for AT4, Denali, and Denali Ultimate trim levels.