2022 GMC Sierra HD
The GMC Sierra 2500HD and 3500HD Heavy Duty models receive minor updates for the 2022 model year, which marks the third model year of the fourth-gen pickup truck.
|Assembly Location||GM Flint Assembly in Flint, Michigan, USA and GM Fort Wayne Assembly in Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA|
|Body Style(s)||Regular Cab, Double Cab, Crew Cab|
|Engine(s)||6.6L L8T V8, 6.6 L5P V8 Duramax (Diesel)|
|Transmission(s)||6-Speed Auto, 10-Speed Auto|
|Drive Wheels||Rear-Wheel-Drive, Four-Wheel-Drive|
|Availability||U.S.A., Canada, Mexico|
|Predecessor||2021 GMC Sierra HD|
|Successor||2023 GMC Sierra HD|
Changes, Updates, New Features
The 2022 Sierra HD sees minor model year changes for both the Sierra 2500HD and Sierra 3500HD, including:
- Base Sierra trim renamed to Pro trim, retains 1SA RPO code designation
- Deletion of two exterior colors
- Addition of one new exterior color
- Addition of 20-inch (50.8 cm) machined face aluminum with high gloss Black accents and beadlock appearance (SQ9)
- LPO-level item
- Mirror code (DLF) changes to (DLN)
- Addition of Seat Belt Adjustable Guide Loops
See detailed 2022 GMC Sierra HD changes, updates and new features here: 2022 GMC Sierra HD change log.
The updates and changes described here are specific to the U.S. market and may differ for other markets.
See GMC Sierra sales numbers for all markets, including the United States, Canada, Mexico, and more.
Discuss the 2022 GMC Sierra HD in our GMC forum.
Sierra HD News
A result of the microchip shortage.
- 2022 GMC Sierra HD Changes, Updates, New Features