2022 GMC Sierra 1500 Limited Changes, Updates, New Features
The 2022 GMC Sierra Limited will enter the model lineup as a stop-gap measure until production of the refreshed Sierra 1500 begins. As such, the 2022 Sierra Limited is essentially a continuation of the 2021 GMC Sierra 1500, with the same trim levels, options, exterior paint colors, and interior color combinations. That said, the light-duty pickup truck does see a few changes for the 2022 model year.
- Base Sierra 1SA trim level renamed to Pro
- Deletion of single-zone air conditioning (C67)
- Single-zone, semi-automatic air conditioning now standard on Pro models
- Deletion of HD radio option
- Rear heated seats have moved to an available option on SLT, AT4 and Denali trim levels
- For the 2021 model year, this feature was available on models built after July 26th, 2021
- SLT models – included and only available with the SLT Convenience Package on Crew Cab models
- Deletion of the 4.3L LV3 V6 engine
- Deletion of the 5.3L L82 V8 engine
- Consequent deletion of E85 FlexFuel capability
- Deletion of 6-speed automatic transmission (MYC)
- 2.7L L3B Turbo I4 engine is now standard on base Pro 1SA trim level
- 5.3L EcoTec3 L84 V8 engine is now available on base Pro 1SA trim level
- 5.3L EcoTec3 L84 V8 engine is not available on AT4 trim level
- Duramax Turbo-Diesel 3.0L LM2 I6 engine is now standard on AT4 trim level
- Battery, heavy-duty 730 cold-cranking amps/80 Amp-hr is now standard on base Pro (1SA) trim level
- LT275/65R18C MT blackwall Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac tires (R3O) are standard on AT4
- Denali Ultimate Package name changed to Denali Reserve Package, and still includes the following equipment:
- Technology Package
- Driver Alert Package II
- GMC MultiPro Power Steps
- 22-inch multi-dimensional polished aluminum wheels
- May be upgraded to 22-inch LPO wheels
The updates and changes described here are specific to the U.S. market and may differ for other markets.
Discuss the 2022 GMC Sierra 1500 Limited in our GMC forum.
Sierra 1500 News
GM and Ram both have their own multifunction tailgate designs.
Regular Cab Standard Bed configuration, plus the AT4X and Denali Ultimate trims are new.