2022 GMC Sierra 1500 Limited
The 2022 GMC Sierra Limited will enter the model lineup as a stop-gap measure until production of the refreshed Sierra begins. As such, the 2022 Sierra Limited is essentially a continuation of the 2021 GMC Sierra 1500, with the same trim levels, options, exterior paint colors, and interior color combinations.
Notably, GMC brand took a similar approach with the arrival of the fourth-generation Sierra 1500 for the 2019 model year. At the time, the all-new T1-platformed truck was accompanied by a Sierra 1500 Limited model, which was a K2-platformed model offered exclusively in the Double Cab configuration.
To clarify, Chevy refers to the 2022 Silverado 1500 Limited with the LTD moniker, however, GMC does not make use of the abbreviation.
|Assembly Location||GM Silao Assembly in Silao, Mexico and GM Fort Wayne Assembly in Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA|
|Body Style(s)||Light-Duty Pickup Truck|
|Engine(s)||Turbo 2.7L I4 (Gas), 5.3L L84 V8, 6.2L L87 V8, 3.0 LM2 Duramax I6 (Diesel)|
|Transmission(s)||8-Speed Auto, 10-Speed Auto|
|Drive Wheels||Rear-Wheel-Drive, Four-Wheel-Drive|
|Availability||U.S.A., Canada, Mexico|
|Predecessor||2021 GMC Sierra 1500|
|Successor||2023 GMC Sierra 1500|
Changes, Updates, New Features
- Base Sierra 1SA trim level renamed to Pro
- Deletion of single-zone air conditioning (C67)
- Deletion of HD radio option
- Rear heated seats have moved to an available option on SLT, AT4 and Denali trim levels
- Deletion of the 4.3L LV3 V6 engine
- Deletion of the 5.3L L82 V8 engine
- Consequent deletion of E85 FlexFuel capability
- Deletion of 6-speed automatic transmission (MYC)
- 2.7L L3B Turbo I4 engine is now standard on base Pro 1SA trim level
- 5.3L EcoTec3 L84 V8 engine is now available on base Pro 1SA trim level
- 5.3L EcoTec3 L84 V8 engine is not available on AT4 trim level
- Duramax Turbo-Diesel 3.0L LM2 I6 engine is now standard on AT4 trim level
- Battery, heavy-duty 730 cold-cranking amps/80 Amp-hr is now standard on base Pro (1SA) trim level
- LT275/65R18C MT blackwall Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac tires (R3O) are standard on AT4
- Denali Ultimate Package name changed to Denali Reserve Package
See detailed 2022 GMC Sierra 1500 Limited changes, updates and new features here: 2022 GMC Sierra 1500 Limited change log.
The updates and changes described here are specific to the U.S. market and may differ for other markets.
The 2022 GMC Sierra 1500 Limited offers the following engine and transmission choices carried over from the 2021 model year:
|Engine||Fuel||Aspiration||Transmission||Horsepower @ RPM||Torque @ RPM||Axle Ratio|
|2.7L L3B I4||Gasoline||Turbocharged||8-Speed Automatic (MQE)||310 @ 5600||348 @ 1500-4000||3.42|
|5.3L L84 EcoTec3 V8||Gasoline||Atmospheric||2WD 8-Speed Automatic (MQE) / 4WD 10-Speed Automatic (MQB)||355 @ 5600||383 @ 4100||3.42|
|6.2L L87 EcoTec3 V8||Gasoline||Atmospheric||10-Speed Automatic (MQB)||420 @ 5600||460 @ 4100||3.23|
|3.0L LM2 Duramax I6||Diesel||Turbocharged||10-Speed Automatic (MQB)||277 @ 3750||460 @ 1500||3.23|
The 2022 Sierra 1500 Limited model is assembled at the following factories:
See GMC Sierra sales numbers for all markets, including the United States, Canada, Mexico, and more.
Discuss the 2022 GMC Sierra 1500 Limited in our GMC forum.
Sierra 1500 News
GM’s initial timeframe has come and gone. Here’s where things stand now.
GM and Ram both have their own multifunction tailgate designs.
- 2022 GMC Sierra 1500 Limited Changes, Updates, New Features