2021 GMC Sierra 1500
The 2021 GMC Sierra 1500 receives several updates and changes.
Notably, the 2021 model year represents the third model year of the fourth-generation Sierra, which entered the market for the 2019 model year.
Changes, Updates, New Features
- Deletion of 2WD Standard Bed Crew model (TC10743)
- Double Cab models not available on SLT and AT4
- Deletion of four exterior colors
- Addition of four exterior colors
- Deletion of manual tailgate function with lift assist
- Addition of one new 22-inch wheel set
- Addition of AT4 high clearance step (LPO-level item)
- New GMC MultiPro Tailgate availability
- Deletion of front 40/20/40 split-bench seat
- Deletion of Single USB Port feature
- Addition of Wireless Phone Projection
- for Apple CarPlay and Android Auto audio systems
- Dark Walnut / Slate is no longer available on Elevation (3SB) models
- Addition of premium floor liners with removable carpet inserts
- Sirius XM Radio is now standard on SLE (3SA) and AT4 (3SB) models
- Sunroof no longer available on SLE (3SA) and AT4 (3SB) models
- Front 40/20/40 split-bench with covered armrest storage is now standard on base Sierra (1SA) models
- Bucket seats are now available as an option on Elevation (3SB) models
- Addition of new 20-inch Goodyear Wrangler Territory tires
- New AT4 CarbonPro Edition wheel and tire option
- Addition of X31 Off-Road and Protection Package
- Addition of 1SA Safety Confidence Package
- SLE Value Package now standard on SLE models
- Elevation Value Package now standard on Elevation models
- Bed View Camera is no longer available as a free flow item
- Included and only available with the Technology Package
- Max Trailering Package with 5.3-liter EcoTec3 V8 engine is now “Available for (SRE) sold order types only”
- Deletion of Denali Premium Package
See detailed 2021 GMC Sierra 1500 changes, updates and new features here: 2021 GMC Sierra 1500 change log.
The updates and changes described here are specific to the U.S. market and may differ for other markets.
The 2021 GMC Sierra 1500 is available as a light-duty full-size pickup truck with several cab and bed configurations.
- Three Cabs:
- Regular Cab
- Double Cab
- Crew Cab
- Three Beds:
- Short Bed
- Standard Bed
- Long Bed
The cab and bed choices can be configured in the following configurations
- Crew Cab, Short Bed
- Crew Cab, Standard Bed
- Double Cab, Standard Bed
- Regular Cab, Standard Bed
- Regular Cab, Long Bed
We should note that each of the above body configurations is available with either a rear-wheel or four-wheel drivetrain assembly.
The 2021 GMC Sierra is offered with the following engine and transmission choices:
|Engine||Fuel||Aspiration||Transmission||Horsepower @ RPM||Torque @ RPM||Axle Ratio|
|4.3L LV3 EcoTec3 V6||Gasoline||Atmospheric||6-speed automatic MYC||285 @ 5300||305 @ 3900||3.42|
|2.7L L3B I4||Gasoline||Turbocharged||8-Speed Automatic (MQE)||310 @ 5600||348 @ 1500-4000||3.42|
|5.3L L82 EcoTec3 V8||Gasoline||Atmospheric||6-Speed Automatic (MYC)||355 @ 5600||383 @ 4100||3.42|
|5.3L L84 EcoTec3 V8||Gasoline||Atmospheric||2WD 8-Speed Automatic (MQE) / 4WD 10-Speed Automatic (MQB)||355 @ 5600||383 @ 4100||3.42|
|6.2L L87 EcoTec3 V8||Gasoline||Atmospheric||10-Speed Automatic (MQB)||420 @ 5600||460 @ 4100||3.23|
|3.0L LM2 Duramax I6||Diesel||Turbocharged||10-Speed Automatic (MQB)||277 @ 3750||460 @ 1500||3.23|
As stated, the 2021 Sierra 1500 continues to be offered in either rear-wheel or four-wheel drive configurations. Notably, General Motors made a parts change halfway through the 2020 model year, resulting in High Country 4WD models being equipped with the eight-speed automatic transmission rather than the newer ten-speed unit. To compensate for the older technology, GM is offering buyers a $200 credit.
The 2021 Sierra 1500 is assembled at the following factories:
The 2021 Sierra 1500 is expected to became available late 2020.
We expect the fourth-generation Sierra 1500 to remain in production through the 2025 model year.
An all-new, next GMC Sierra 1500 will most likely launch after the 2025 model year.
Discuss the 2021 GMC Sierra 1500 in our GMC forum.
Sierra 1500 News
The restriction will help dealers restock.
The maximum rebate applies to qualifying models equipped with the turbocharged 2.7-liter L3B I4 engine.
- 2021 GMC Sierra 1500 Changes, Updates, New Features