2020 GMC Sierra 1500
The 2020 Sierra 1500 receives several updates and changes.
Notably, the 2020 model year represents the second model year of the fourth-generation Sierra, which entered the market for the 2019 model year.
Changes, Updates, New Features
- Deletion of Chrome Appearance Package
- Deletion of one exterior color
- Addition of one exterior color
- Two new wheel options
- New Trailer Tow Mirrors
- New all-weather floor liners
- New Bed View Camera
- Revised 10-Speed Automatic Transmission Availability
- 2.7-Liter L3B Turbo Engine now available on base (1SA) models
- New Carbon Pro Edition availability and content
- New Sierra Value Package
- New Denali Ultimate Package content
- New Technology Package Content
- New Driver Alert Package II content
- New HD Surround Vision option with two Trailer View Camera provisions
- New Camera-Based Adaptive Cruise Control System
See detailed 2020 GMC Sierra 1500 changes, updates and new features here: 2020 GMC Sierra 1500 change log.
The updates and changes described here are specific to the U.S. market and may differ for other markets.
The 2020 GMC Sierra 1500 is available as a light-duty full-size pickup truck with several cab and bed configurations.
- Three Cabs:
- Regular Cab
- Double Cab
- Crew Cab
- Three Beds:
- Short Bed
- Standard Bed
- Long Bed
The cab and bed choices can be configured in the following configurations
- Crew Cab, Short Bed
- Crew Cab, Standard Bed
- Double Cab, Standard Bed
- Regular Cab, Standard Bed
- Regular Cab, Long Bed
We should note that each of the above body configurations is available with either a rear-wheel or four-wheel drivetrain assembly.
The 2020 GMC Sierra is offered with the following six engine and three transmission choices:
|Engine||Fuel||Aspiration||Transmission||Horsepower @ RPM||Torque @ RPM||Axle Ratio|
|4.3L LV3 EcoTec3 V6||Gasoline||Atmospheric||6-speed automatic MYC||285 @ 5300||305 @ 3900||3.42|
|2.7L L3B I4||Gasoline||Turbocharged||8-speed automatic MQE||310 @ 5600||348 @ 1500-4000||3.42|
|5.3L L82 EcoTec3 V8||Gasoline||Atmospheric||6-speed automatic MYC||355 @ 5600||383 @ 4100||3.42|
|5.3L L84 EcoTec3 V8||Gasoline||Atmospheric||8-speed automatic MQE||355 @ 5600||383 @ 4100||3.42|
|6.2L L87 EcoTec3 V8||Gasoline||Atmospheric||10-speed automatic MQB||420 @ 5600||460 @ 4100||3.23|
|3.0L LM2 Duramax I6||Diesel||Turbocharged||10-speed automatic MQB||277 @ 3750||460 @ 1500||3.23|
As stated, the 2020 Sierra 1500 continues to be offered in either rear-wheel or four-wheel drive configurations.
The 2020 Sierra 1500 is assembled at the following factories:
The 2020 Sierra 1500 becomes available at the end of Q2 2019 or the beginning of Q3 2019.
We expect the fourth-generation Sierra 1500 to remain in production through the 2025 model year.
An all-new, next GMC Sierra 1500 will most likely launch after the 2025 model year.
Discuss the 2020 GMC Sierra 1500 in our GMC forum.
- 2020 GMC Sierra 1500 Changes, Updates, New Features