2019 GMC Sierra MultiPro Power Steps (Running Boards)
The 2019 GMC Sierra introduces the MultiPro Power Steps – a deployable running side board that aims to enhance convenience while providing a cleaner exterior appearance.
How They Work
Often described as “rearward articulating”, the GMC MultiPro Power Steps offer three distinct positions:
- When not in use: the steps retract under the pickup truck for a clean look
- When any of the truck’s door are opened: the steps automatically deploy downward, allowing for more convenient ingress and egress.
- When accessing the cargo box: when one needs to access the forward-most part of the cargo box from the side of the truck, a simple tap of the foot to the rear-most part of the step brings the entire running board down and toward the rear wheel; this functionality earns the steps their “rearward articulating” moniker.
The GMC MultiPro Power Steps provide three distinct benefits:
- Easy access in and out of the truck for the driver and passenger
- Easy access to the bed from the side of the truck
- A cleaner look from outside the truck
Assigned GM RPO code ‘BRS’, the GMC MultiPro Power Steps are included only with the Denali Ultimate Package (RPO Code PEC) on the 2019 GMC Sierra 1500.
The Denali Ultimate Package that includes the MultiPro Power Steps/running boards is a $5,850 option on the 2019 Sierra Denali.