2019 GMC Sierra Denali HD
The 2019 model year GMC Sierra Denali HD (Heavy Duty) represents the final final model year of the third-generation line of heavy-duty full-size pickup trucks. Notably, the model receives several minor updates and changes ahead of the all-new, 2020 GMC Sierra HD model.
The automaker says that the 2019 Sierra Denali HD matches class-leading capability with an exclusive package of upscale design and interior amenities, including:
- Signature chrome grille
- Available 20-inch wheels
- Body-color front and rear bumpers
- Specific interior details
- Exclusive eight-inch customizable driver display
- Standard heated and vented perforated leather-appointed front bucket seats
- Standard heated, leather-wrapped steering wheel
- Wireless phone charging
- *And more
Changes, Updates, New Features
- Addition of one exterior color for both 2500 and 3500HD models
- Deletion of two model configurations for both 2500 and 3500HD models
- Revised 4WD Regular Cab trim availability 2500HD models
The 2019 GMC Sierra HD is offered exclusively as a crew cab full-size pickup truck with 6’6 or 6’8 box configurations.
The 2019 GMC Sierra Denali HD is offered with the following engine and transmission choices (note that the standard transmission is listed first):
|Engine||Fuel||Aspiration||Transmission||Horsepower (HP) / Kilowatts (kW) @ RPM||Torque (lb-ft) / Newton-Meters (N-m) @ RPM||Axle|
|6.0-Liter Vortec L96 V8||Gasoline||Naturally Aspirated||6-Speed Automatic (MYD)||360 / 268.56 @ 5400||380 / 513 @ 4200||4.10|
|6.6-Liter Duramax L5P V8||Diesel||Turbocharged||10-Speed Automatic (MW7)||445 / 331.97 @ 2800||910 / 1228.50 @ 1600||3.73|
To clarify, the Sierra Denali HD continues to be available in 2WD (rear-wheel-drive) as standard, with 4WD as an option. Notably, models with the available Duramax 6.6L turbo-diesel also feature hood scoop, which draws cool, outside air to enhance overall performance.
Depending on the model and configuration, the 2019 GMC Sierra Denali HD is assembled across two GM factories:
- GM Flint Assembly plant in Flint, Michigan, USA
- GM Fort Wayne Assembly plant in Roanoke, Indiana, USA
As stated, the 2019 model year will be the final year of production for the third-generation Sierra Denali HD. An all-new, fourth-generation model enters production as the 2020 Sierra HD.
Discuss the 2019 GMC Sierra Denali HD in our GMC forum.
Sierra Denali HD News
A more premium appearance for the AT4 and Denali.
Due to constraints in the supply chain.