2018 GMC Sierra 3500HD
The GMC Sierra 3500HD (Heavy Duty) line of heavy-duty full-size pickup trucks receives several minor updates and changes for the 2018 model year.
Changes, Updates, New Features
The 2018 GMC Sierra 3500HD sees the following changes, updates and new features:
- Deletion of three exterior colors
- Addition of two exterior colors
- Addition of Rear Vision Camera as standard equipment on all models (was available on 1SA/base on 2017 Sierra), resulting in the removal of the Rear Vision Camera from the Sierra Convenience Package and Sierra Convenience Plus Package
- Replacement of base 4-speaker audio system with 6-speaker sound system on 1SA (base) Regular Cab models
- Replacement of base AM/FM stereo with 4.2-inch diagonal color display with GMC Infotainment System Radio with 7″ diagonal color touch-screen (IOB) as standard equipment on 1SA/base models
- Addition of Tire Fill Alert in Tire Pressure Monitoring system on single-rear-wheel models
- Addition of new content to All Terrain HD Package
See complete 2018 GMC Sierra 3500HD changes, updates and new features.
The updates and changes described here are specific to the U.S. market and may be different for other markets.
The 2018 Sierra 3500HD is available as a heavy-duty full-size pickup truck with several cab and box configurations:
- Regular Cab, Long Box, Single Rear Wheel
- Regular Cab, Long Box, Dual Rear Wheel
- Double Cab, Long Box, Single Rear Wheel
- Double Cab Long Box, Dual Rear Wheel
- Crew Cab, Standard Box, Single Rear Wheel
- Crew Cab, Long Box, Single Rear Wheel
- Crew Cab, Long Box, Dual Rear Wheel
- 3500HD Chassis Cab (CC)
The 2018 GMC Sierra 3500HD is available in 2WD (rear-wheel-drive) as standard; 4WD is optional.
Depending on the model and configuration, the 2018 GMC Sierra 3500HD is assembled across two GM factories:
- GM Flint Assembly plant in Flint, Michigan, USA
- GM Fort Wayne Assembly plant in Roanoke, Indiana, USA
Discuss the 2018 GMC Sierra in our GMC forum.