2018 GMC Sierra 2500HD
The GMC Sierra 2500HD (Heavy Duty) line of heavy-duty full-size pickup trucks receives several minor updates and changes for the 2018 model year.
Changes, Updates, New Features
The 2018 GMC Sierra 2500HD sees the following changes, updates and new features:
- Deletion of three exterior colors
- Addition of two exterior colors
- Addition of Rear Vision Camera as standard equipment on all models (was available on 1SA/base on 2017 Sierra), resulting in the removal of the Rear Vision Camera from the Sierra Convenience Package and Sierra Convenience Plus Package
- Replacement of base 4-speaker audio system with 6-speaker sound system on 1SA (base) Regular Cab models
- Replacement of base AM/FM stereo with 4.2-inch diagonal color display with GMC Infotainment System Radio with 7″ diagonal color touch-screen (IOB) as standard equipment on 1SA/base models
- Addition of Tire Fill Alert in Tire Pressure Monitoring system
- Addition of new content to the All Terrain HD Package
See complete 2018 GMC Sierra 2500HD changes, updates and new features.
The updates and changes described here are specific to the U.S. market and may be different for other markets.
The 2018 Sierra 2500HD is available as a heavy-duty full-size pickup truck with several cab and box configurations, all in a single rear wheel setup:
- Regular Cab, Long Box
- Double Cab, Standard Box
- Double Cab, Long Box
- Crew Cab, Standard Box
- Crew Cab, Long Box
The 2018 GMC Sierra 2500HD is available in 2WD (rear-wheel-drive) as standard; 4WD is optional.
Depending on the model and configuration, the 2018 GMC Sierra 2500HD is assembled across two GM factories:
- GM Flint Assembly plant in Flint, Michigan, USA
- GM Fort Wayne Assembly plant in Roanoke, Indiana, USA
The 2018 model year will be the second-final year of production for the third-generation Sierra HD. An all-new, fourth-generation model enters production as the 2020 Sierra HD.
Discuss the 2018 GMC Sierra HD in our GMC forum.