2018 GMC Sierra 1500
The GMC Sierra 1500 line of light-duty full-size pickup trucks receives several minor updates and changes for the 2018 model year — the fifth model year of the third-generation Sierra.
The 2018 GMC Sierra 1500 sees the following changes, updates and new features:
- Deletion of two exterior colors
- Addition of two exterior colors
- Replacement of 4-speaker audio system with 6-speaker audio system as standard across all trim levels
- Replacement of AM/FM radio with 4.2-inch diagonal color display with GMC Infotainment System with 7-inch screen on 1SA/base models
- Inclusion of Rear Vision Camera as standard equipment on all models (was available on 1SA/base on 2017 Sierra)
- Deletion of IntelliLink Radio with 7-inch diagonal color screen and Rear Vision Camera from Elevation Edition
- Addition of Tire Fill Alert to the Tire Pressure Monitoring system
- Introduction of Performance Front Brake Kit
See complete 2018 GMC Sierra 1500 changes, updates and new features.
The 2018 GMC Sierra 1500 is available as a light-duty full-size pickup truck with several cab and box configurations.
- Three cabs:
- Regular cab
- Double cab
- Crew Cab
- Three beds:
- Short box
- Standard box
- Long box
The cab and bed choices can be configured in the following configurations
- Crew Cab, Short Box
- Crew Cab, Standard Box
- Double Cab, Standard Box
- Regular Cab, Standard Box
- Regular Cab, Long Box
The 2018 GMC Sierra 1500 is available in 2WD (rear-wheel-drive) as standard; 4WD is optional.
Like all third-generation units of the GMC Sierra, the 2018 GMC Sierra 1500 continues to ride on GM’s GMT K2 platform shared with the third-gen Chevrolet Silverado. The same basic architecture is also used by the following vehicles: