2022 GMC Canyon
The 2022 GMC Canyon represents the eighth model year of the second-generation mid-sized pickup truck. Notably, the GMC Canyon received a light update for the 2021 model year (see 2021 GMC Canyon details), consisting of updates to exterior, interior, technology and powertrain. As such, the Canyon receives a few minor changes for the 2022 model year.
|Assembly location||GM Wentzville Plant, Missouri, USA|
|Engine||2.5L I-4 LCV, 3.6L V-6 LGZ, Duramax 2.8L I-4 LWN|
|Max Horsepower||308 (LGZ)|
|Max Torque||369 (LWN)|
|Transmission||6-Speed Auto, 8-Speed Auto|
|Drive wheels||Rear-Wheel or Four-Wheel Drive|
|Predecessor||2021 GMC Canyon|
|Successor||2023 GMC Canyon|
Changes, Updates, New Features
- Addition of all-weather floor liners (LPO-level item)
- Wireless cell phone charging is no longer standard on Denali models, and is now an available option
- AT4 models in the Crew Cab Short Box body configuration are now equipped with a standard 17-inch by 8-inch gloss-Black aluminum spare wheel
- Addition of Denali Black Edition Package, which is only offered on Denali models
See detailed 2022 GMC Canyon changes, updates and new features here: 2022 Canyon change log.
The updates and changes described here are specific to the U.S. market and may be different for other markets.
The 2022 GMC Canyon is offered with the following three engine and transmission choices:
|Engine||Transmission||Horsepower @ RPM||Torque @ RPM||Rear Axle|
|2.5L I-4 LCV (Gasoline)||6-Speed Automatic (MYB)||200 @ 6300||191 @ 4400||4.10|
|3.6L V-6 LGZ (Gasoline)||8-Speed Automatic (M5T)||308 @ 6800||275 @ 4000||3.42|
|2.8L I-4 LWN (Diesel)||6-Speed Automatic (MYB)||181 @ 3400||369 @ 2000||3.42|
A modified variant of the same architecture is used by the following vehicles:
- 2013 and newer Chevrolet and Holden Colorado for international markets (also known as Isuzu D-MAX or Chevrolet D-MAX)
- 2014 and newer Chevrolet Trailblazer, also known as the Holden Colorado 7 and Holden Trailblazer
The 2022 GMC Canyon followed the regular GM model year rollover sequence, and launched during the third quarter of the 2021 calendar year. Notably, complications caused by COVID-19 caused a bit of a delay.
We expect the current, second-generation GMC Canyon to remain in production for the 2022 model year, and that an all-new, future GMC Canyon will launch on or after the 2023 model year.
See GMC Canyon sales numbers for all markets, worldwide
- Information for market (country) specified.
- Sales information compiled from various sources by GM Authority and Motrolix.
Discuss the 2022 GMC Canyon in our GMC forum.
But 67 percent say on-road performance is still very important. Only vehicles purchased after March 1, 2019 are involved in this class-action suit.
But 67 percent say on-road performance is still very important.
Only vehicles purchased after March 1, 2019 are involved in this class-action suit.
- 2022 GMC Canyon Changes, Updates, New Features