2021 GMC Canyon Denali Changes, Updates, New Features
The 2021 GMC Canyon Denali receives a mild mid-cycle refresh for the 2021 model year, consisting of updates to trim exterior, interior, trim levels and powertrain, representing the seventh model year of the second-generation Canyon.
A mid-cycle refresh can otherwise be referred to as a facelift or a mid-cycle enhancement (MCE) in GM parlance. To note, we initially expected the Canyon refresh to arrive for the 2019 and 2020 model years, which did not take place.
The 2021 GMC Canyon Denali receives the following updates:
- GMC designers enhanced the iconic Denali grille with a more sculpted and layered pattern
- Modernized look makes it similar to new Sierra and Sierra HD pickup trucks, including:
- 5-inch chrome assist steps
- Signature chrome accents
- Denali-exclusive 20-inch Diamond Cut aluminum wheels
- Addition of two exterior colors
- Cayenne Red Tintcoat
- Hunter Metallic
- Deletion of four exterior colors
- Carbon Black Metallic
- Dark Sky Metallic
- Red Quartz Tintcoat
- Smokey Quartz Metallic
- Interior refinements include:
- Authentic open-pore ash wood trim
- Aluminum decor and unique stitching
- Standard heated and ventilated front seats with a heated steering wheel increase driver comfort
- Addition of Cocoa with Dark Atmosphere interior color combination
The updates and changes described here are specific to the U.S. market and may be different for other markets.
Discuss the 2021 GMC Canyon Denali in our GMC forum.
Follow our coverage of GMC Canyon Denali news.