2020 GMC Canyon Diesel
The 2020 GMC Canyon diesel model receives several small updates and changes, consisting of minor updates to the exterior, interior, and technology. The mid-cycle refresh, otherwise referred to as a facelift or a mid-cycle enhancement (MCE), will not take place for the second-generation Canyon. Instead, the midsize pickup truck will gain a small number of slightly more significant changes for the 2021 model year and then be overhauled for the 2023 model year.
Changes, Updates, New Features
- Discontinuation of 2WD Long Box models
- New Carbon Black Metallic exterior paint color
- Pemium GMC Infotainment System with Navigation and 8-inch diagonal color touch-screen is replaced with next-gen GMC Infotainment System with Navigation and 8-inch screen
- Available on SLE, All Terrain and SLT; standard on Denali
- Driver Alert Package is now available on All Terrain models and includes Rear Park Assist. Package also includes:
- Addition of Tire Fill Alert as standard feature
- Introduction of California Elevation Special Edition as dealer-installed option for dealers located in California
See detailed 2020 GMC Canyon Diesel changes, updates and new features here: 2020 Canyon Diesel change log.
The updates and changes described here are specific to the U.S. market and may be different for other markets.
The 2020 GMC Canyon Diesel is offered as a midsize pickup truck with the following cab and bed configurations:
- Crew Cab, Short Box
- Crew Cab, Long Box
The 2020 GMC Canyon Diesel is equipped with the following engine and transmission:
|Engine||Fuel||Aspiration||Transmission||Horsepower (HP) / Kilowatts (kW) @ Revolutions Per Minute (RPM)||Torque (lb-ft) / Newton-Meters (N-m) @ RPM||Axle|
|2.8L I-4 LWN||Diesel||Turbocharged||6-Speed Automatic (MYB)||181 / 135 @ 3400||369 / 498.15 @ 2000||3.42|
A modified variant of the same architecture is used by the following vehicles:
- 2013 and newer Chevrolet and Holden Colorado for international markets (also known as Isuzu D-MAX or Chevrolet D-MAX)
- 2014 and newer Chevrolet Trailblazer, also known as the Holden Colorado 7 and Holden Trailblazer
The 2020 GMC Canyon Diesel follows the regular GM model year rollover sequence, and launched around the third quarter of calendar year 2019.
We expect that the current, second-generation GMC Canyon Diesel model will remain in production for the 2020, 2021, and 2022 model years, and that an all-new, future GMC Canyon will launch on or after the 2023 model year.
Discuss the 2020 GMC Canyon Diesel in our GMC forum.
Customers can still order a gasoline engine. Next-gen model incoming.
Canyon Diesel News
Customers can still order a gasoline engine.
Next-gen model incoming.
- 2020 GMC Canyon Diesel Changes, Updates, New Features