2021 GMC Acadia
The 2021 GMC Acadia receives a few minor changes and updates, and marks the fifth model year of the second-generation Acadia.
Notably, the 2020 GMC Acadia received a mid-cycle refresh, consisting of updates to its exterior and powertrain. To note, a mid-cycle refresh can otherwise be referred to as a facelift or a mid-cycle enhancement (MCE) in GM speak.
|Assembly location||GM Spring Hill Plant, Tennessee, USA|
|Engine||N/A 2.5L LCV I4, T 2.0L LSY I4, 3.6L LGX V6|
|Drive wheels||Front-Wheel-Drive, All-Wheel-Drive|
|Availability||U.S.A., Canada, Middle East|
Changes, Updates, New Features
- Deletion of five exterior color options
- Addition of three exterior color options
- Addition of Black GMC emblems, front and rear
- Revised LPO-level (dealer-installed) wheel options for SLE models
- Deletion of Jet Black with Kalahari interior color option
- Addition of Urethane steering wheel, which is now standard SL and SLE models
- Addition of Wireless Apple CarPlay Wireless Android Auto
- Addition of Garage door opener for SLE models (LPO-level item)
- 5-passenger seating configuration is no longer available with the following LPO-level packages:
- 6-passenger seating is now standard on SLE and AT4 models
- Head-Up Display is now standard on Denali models
- Addition of Elevation Edition for SLE and SLT models, includes
- Deletion of Driver Alert Package I – content remains standard and include:
- Deletion of Driver Alert Package II
- Deletion of Technology Package
- Deletion of the following LPO-level items:
- Cargo Rail Net Package
- Cargo flex divider
- Rear seat infotainment system without DVD player
- GMC Pro Safety Plus replaces Driver Alert Package II, and is now standard on AT4, SLT, SLE models
See detailed 2021 Acadia changes, updates and new features here: 2021 GMC Acadia change log.
The updates and changes described here are specific to the U.S. market and may be different for other markets.
The 2021 GMC Acadia continues to be offered as a five-door midsize crossover utility vehicle (CUV).
Models & Trims
The 2021 GMC Acadia is offered as a retail or fleet model, with the SL being the base model for retail orders, and the SLE being the base model for fleet orders.
2021 Acadia Retail & Fleet Models:
- FWD SL (TNH26)
- FWD SLE (TNB26)
- AWD SLE (TNJ26)
- FWD SLT (TND26)
- AWD SLT (TNL26)
- AWD AT4 (TNC26)
- FWD Denali (TNF26)
- AWD Denali (TNN26)
2021 Acadia Retail & Fleet Trims:
- SL (1SV)
- SLE (3SA)
- SLT (4SA)
- AT4 (4SB)
- Denali (5SA)
The 2021 GMC Acadia offers a total of eight exterior colors, three of which are new. The Acadia also offers three interior color options and two different seat trims.
The 2021 Acadia color options include:
- 8 Exterior Colors:
- White Frost Tricoat
- Satin Steel Metallic
- Summit White
- Ebony Twilight Metallic
- Hunter Metallic
- Red Mahogany Metallic
- Cayenne Red Tintcoat
- Midnight Blue Metallic
- 3 Interior Colors:
- Jet Black
- Cocoa w/ Light Ash Gray
- Dark Galvanized w/ Light Shale
The 2021 GMC Acadia offers three engine choices:
|Engine||Fuel||Aspiration||Transmission||Horsepower @ RPM||Torque @ RPM||Axle|
|2.5L I-4 LCV||Gasoline||Atmospheric||9-Speed Automatic (M3H)||193 @ 6300||188 @ 4400||3.80|
|2.0L I-4 LSY||Gasoline||Turbocharged||9-Speed Automatic (M3G)||230 @ 500||258 @ 1500-4000||3.47|
|3.6L V-6 LGX||Gasoline||Atmospheric||9-Speed Automatic (M3W)||308 @ 6600||270 @ 5000||3.49|
Additionally, the 2021 Acadia continues to be offered in either front-wheel or all-wheel drive configurations.
Like all second-generation units of the GMC Acadia, the 2021 Acadia continues to ride on the regular wheelbase variant of GM’s C1 platform shared with the following vehicles:
- Cadillac XT5 (first generation, 2017 – present)
- Chevrolet Blazer (rumored mid-size Chevrolet crossover, expected for 2019 MY)
A longer-wheelbase variant of the same architecture underpins the following models:
- Chevrolet Traverse (second generation, 2018 – present)
- Buick Enclave (second generation, 2018 – present)
- Cadillac XT6 (first generation, 2020 – present)
The 2021 GMC Acadia followed the regular GM model year rollover sequence, and launched in the third quarter of the 2020 calendar year.
We expect the second-generation Acadia to live on thru at least the 2023 model year, and that an all-new, future GMC Acadia will launch thereafter.
See GMC Acadia sales numbers for all markets, including the United States and Canada.
- Information for market (country) specified.
- Sales information compiled from various sources by GM Authority and Motrolix.
Discuss the 2021 GMC Acadia in our GMC forum.
The restraints may not have been properly installed at the factory. A special lease program is also available on select 2021 Acadia models.
The restraints may not have been properly installed at the factory.
A special lease program is also available on select 2021 Acadia models.
- 2021 GMC Acadia Changes, Updates, New Features
- 2021 GMC Acadia Denali