2020 GMC Acadia
The GMC Acadia receives a mid-cycle refresh for the 2020 model year, consisting of updates to its exterior and powertrain. To note, a mid-cycle refresh can otherwise be referred to as a facelift or a mid-cycle enhancement (MCE) in GM speak.
Smarter technologies in the 2020 GMC Acadia, including a new available turbo engine and the latest GMC infotainment system, along with a fresh look, offer greater versatility for customers on the go. The lineup includes SLE, SLT, an all-new AT4 trim and GMC’s flagship Denali, with available seating arrangements for five, six or seven passengers, depending on the model.
“The 2020 Acadia is stylish, functional and capable with more of the smart convenience and connectivity features that customers rely on every day,” said Duncan Aldred, vice president of Global GMC. “And with GMC’s signature refinement at its core, the new Acadia advances the brand’s commitment to offering premium vehicles for discerning crossover customers.”
The 2020 GMC Acadia continues to be offered as a five-door midsize crossover utility vehicle (CUV).
Models & Trims
The 2020 GMC Acadia is offered as a retail or fleet model, with the SL being the base model for retail orders, and the SLE being the base model for fleet orders.
2020 Acadia Retail & Fleet Models:
- FWD SL (TNH26)
- FWD SLE (TNB26)
- AWD SLE (TNJ26)
- FWD SLT (TND26)
- AWD SLT (TNL26)
- AWD AT4 (TNC26)
- FWD Denali (TNF26)
- AWD Denali (TNN26)
2020 Acadia Retail & Fleet Trims:
- SL (1SV)
- SLE (3SA)
- SLT (4SA)
- AT4 (4SB)
- Denali (5SA)
The refreshed 2020 GMC Acadia offers a total of ten exterior colors, three of which are new. The Acadia also offers five interior color options and three different seat trims.
The 2020 Acadia color options include:
- 10 Exterior Colors:
- White Frost Tricoat
- Satin Steel Metallic
- Quicksilver Metallic
- Summit White
- Ebony Twilight Metallic
- Carbon Black Metallic
- Dark Sky Metallic
- Red Mahogany Metallic
- Red Quartz Tintcoat
- Smokey Quartz Metallic
- 5 Interior Colors:
- Jet Black
- Cocoa w/ Light Ash Gray
- Jet Black w/ Kalahari
- Kalahari w/ Jet Black
- Dark Galvanized w/ Light Shale
Exterior Design Highlights
At a glance, the ’20 Acadia distinguishes itself with a new grille, new front and rear fascias and GMC’s signature C-shaped lighting.
The first-ever Acadia AT4 expands the reach of GMC’s newest sub-brand. Its bold styling cues, including a black chrome-accented grille, add a rugged, off-road-inspired design to the Acadia range. A 3.6L V-6 engine producing 310 hp and 271 lb-ft of torque and a twin clutch AWD system are standard to the AT4. Unique 17-inch wheels and all-terrain tires are also standard, with 20-inch wheels available.
Additional exterior design and refinement enhancements for the 2020 Acadia include:
- New 18- and 20-inch wheel designs depending on the trim.
- Outside mirrors with integrated LED turn signals (power-folding feature standard on Denali and available on SLT trim).
- Hands-free power liftgate with GMC logo projection standard on SLT, AT4 and Denali.
Interior Design Highlights
The 2020 Acadia features a New Electronic Precision Shift that replaces the conventional shifter with an electronic control. In turn, the smaller control frees up interior room, including a more versatile center console with greater storage space.
Additional interior design and refinement enhancements for the 2020 Acadia include:
- Redesigned center console with enhanced storage space.
- Unique Denali interior color scheme with new, open-pore wood decor.
As connectivity continues to grow in importance for crossover customers, the 2020 Acadia delivers the latest GMC infotainment system that is more intelligent and more intuitive. It offers users improved voice recognition, a higher resolution touchscreen and a simplified interface that requires fewer steps for some tasks, along with simpler screen layouts inspired by the latest smartphone technology.
This more user-friendly system, with an 8-inch-diagonal screen, also incorporates several new and enhanced features:
- Personal profile allows users to tailor the infotainment system to their preferences, including audio, available navigation (requires subscription to compatible Connected Services) and climate settings, and even transfer those preferences to another GM vehicle with a compatible infotainment system. Up to four profiles can be assigned to the system and they can be assigned to the Acadia’s key fobs, automatically resetting the preferences for the incoming driver.
- All-new Navigation2 interface with “one shot” destination entry feature, improved Route Guidance functionality and personalized settings.
- Connected Navigation3 offers real-time updates, as well as Predictive Navigation and additional information provided by a cloud database. (Feature requires a Connected Navigation trial or subscription and connectivity.)
- USB-C ports. Two new USB-C charging ports are integrated in the front and rear of the center console. That brings the number of ports in the Acadia to five, including a USB-A charging port for the third-row seating area.
“With technological enhancements at your fingertips and under the hood, the 2020 Acadia is an intelligent crossover that elevates the driving and passenger experiences on all fronts,” said Aldred. “That makes it a smart choice all around.”
Other design and technology enhancements on the new Acadia include:
- New Electronic Precision Shift that replaces the conventional shifter with an electronic control that frees up interior room, including a more versatile center console with greater storage space.
- Enhanced GMC infotainment system that is more intelligent and intuitive, offering new features designed to help improve the user experience and offer more personalization.
- New Head-up Display (late availability).
The 2020 GMC Acadia refresh offers a new, available 2.0L turbocharged engine that uses an innovative tripower valvetrain and dual-scroll turbocharging technologies to help optimize performance and efficiency in all driving conditions. Additionally, the revised Acadia also offers the new GM 9-speed automatic transmission that was co-developed with Ford to provide a greater balance of performance and efficiency, along with enhanced refinement.
Altogether, the revised Acadia now offers three engine choices:
|Engine||Fuel||Aspiration||Transmission||Horsepower @ RPM||Torque @ RPM||Axle|
|2.5L I-4 LCV||Gasoline||Atmospheric||9-speed automatic M3H||193 @ 6300||188 @ 4400||3.80|
|2.0L I-4 LSY||Gasoline||Turbocharged||9-speed automatic M3G||230 @ 500||258 @ 1500-4000||3.47|
|3.6L V-6 LGX||Gasoline||Atmospheric||9-speed automatic M3W||308 @ 6600||270 @ 5000||3.49|
Additionally, the 2020 Acadia continues to be offered in either front-wheel or all-wheel drive configurations.
Like all second-generation units of the GMC Acadia, the 2020 Acadia continues to ride on the regular wheelbase variant of GM’s C1 platform shared with the following vehicles:
- Cadillac XT5 (first generation, 2017 – present)
- Chevrolet Blazer (rumored mid-size Chevrolet crossover, expected for 2019 MY)
A longer-wheelbase variant of the same architecture underpins the following models:
- Chevrolet Traverse (second generation, 2018 – present)
- Buick Enclave (second generation, 2018 – present)
- Cadillac XT6 (upcoming full-size Cadillac crossover, expected for 2020 MY)
We expect the 2020 GMC Acadia to follow the regular GM model year rollover sequence, and launch in the third quarter of the 2019 calendar year.
We expect that the second-generation Acadia will live on thru at least the 2023 model year, and that an all-new, future GMC Acadia will launch thereafter.
Discuss the 2020 GMC Acadia in our GMC forum.
It looks like the next-gen Acadia will grow in size. It’s the first model to wear a black GMC logo as standard.
It looks like the next-gen Acadia will grow in size.
It’s the first model to wear a black GMC logo as standard.
- 2020 GMC Acadia Changes, Updates, New Features
- 2020 GMC Acadia Denali