General Motors Flint Engine Plant
The GM Flint Engine plant, otherwise known as General Motors Flint Engine Operations, is located in Flint, Michigan, United States. The facility currently produces engines for various GM vehicles.
- Year opened: 2002
- Facility size: 1,165,212 square feet
2100 Bristol Road
Flint, Michigan, 48552
- Employee information:
- Hourly: 632
- Salaried: 86
- Total: 718
- Union local: UAW Local 659
- Plant manager: Tamberlin Golden
(Info as of February 19, 2021)
Note: GM Flint Engine Operations is not the same facility as the similarly-named GM Flint Assembly plant, which handles vehicle production.
It currently produces the LYX for Equinox/Terrain and the LM2 for LD trucks and full-size SUVs. Everything else that’s in there currently should go into a previous products section.
Currently, the GM Flint Engine plant produces the following powertrain products:
- 1.5L Turbo LYX for Chevrolet Equinox (third generation, 2018 and newer)
- 1.5L Turbo LYX for GMC Terrain (second generation, 2018 and newer)
- 3.0L Duramax LM2 diesel for Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Diesel (2019 and newer)
- 3.0L Duramax LM2 diesel for GMC Sierra 1500 Diesel (2019 and newer
- 1.5L L3A for Chevrolet Volt (second generation, 2016 and newer)
- 1.4L Turbo LE2 for Chevrolet Cruze (second generation, 2016 and newer)
- 2015: $263 million for new engine line
- 2013: $215 million for new small Ecotec gasoline engine
- 2012: $7 million for two office buildings to serve both engine units
- 2011: $84 million to expand production of 1.4L engines
- 2010: $138.3 million to expand production of 1.4L engines
- 2009: $250 million to build 1.4L engines
- 2016: 1.5L DOHC 4 cylinder named one of Ward’s Ten Best Engines in the world
- 2008 and 2009: 3.6 liter V6 VVT with SIDI named one of Ward’s Ten Best Engines in the world
- 2005: first GM Powertrain plant to go “Landfill Free”, with zero plant waste sent to landfills since March, 2005
- State Wages: $91,181,847
- Income Tax: $19,835,318
The grant was spread amongst eight nonprofits. Workers at other GM facilities are worried about job security.
Flint Engine - Flint - Michigan - USA News
The grant was spread amongst eight nonprofits.
Workers at other GM facilities are worried about job security.