Future Chevrolet Equinox
We expect the next, second-generation Chevrolet Equinox to reach the market on or after the 2023 model year. Until then, we expect the current, third-generation Equinox to receive minor changes, updates, and improvements.
Following is speculative and unconfirmed information about the next Chevrolet Equinox. This page is a continuous work-in-progress and will be updated on a regular basis as we await official details from General Motors and Chevrolet.
If you notice any inaccuracies about the information provided, or have edits to suggest, please let us know here.
|Last redesigned model year:||2018 (third generation)|
|Last midcycle refresh/MCE model year:||2021 (expected)|
|Expected redesign model year:||2023-2024 (fourth generation)|
|Expected names:||Chevrolet Equinox, Holden Equinox|
|Current platform:||GM D2 platform|
|Future platform:||GM VSS-F platform|
|Layout:||FF (front-engined, front-wheel-drive)|
|Current body styles:||compact four-door crossover utility vehicle|
|Future body styles:||compact four-door crossover utility vehicle|
|Expected gasoline engines:||I-3 turbo, I-4 turbo|
|Expected diesel engines:||I-4 turbo|
|Expected transmissions:||9-speed automatic|
- What: an all-new Chevrolet Equinox compact crossover utility vehicle that will represent the four generation of the Equinox nameplate, after the second-gen Equinox launched in 2010 and the third-gen Equinox followed in 2018
- When: we expect the next Equinox to launch in the 2022-2023 calendar years as a 2023 or 2024 model year vehicle
- Why: an all-new Equinox will enable Chevrolet to continue its dominant presence in the growing compact crossover utility vehicle segment
- Where: sold in all current markets where the Equinox is currently sold, including the United States, Canada, Mexico, Central and South America, the Middle East and China
Following are our expectations about the future Chevrolet Equinox:
- Based on the new GM VSS-F platform (vehicle set), delivering all-new underpinnings and engineering
- All-new exterior, available as a compact four-door crossover
- All-new interior
- Inclusion of next-generation infotainment system
- Introduction of more GM Active Safety features and technologies
- Introduction of all-new powertrain range
We expect the upcoming future Chevy Equinox to continue being available as a compact four-door crossover utility vehicle.
We expect the next Chevy Equinox to carry similar pricing as the current, second-gen model, roughly in the $25,000 range.
We expect the next-gen Chevy Equinox to ride on the GM VSS-F vehicle set shared with future GM front-drive cars and crossovers. The GM VSS, or Vehicle Set Strategy, represents a new way for GM to develop and build vehicles.
We expect the next Chevy Equinox to feature the following powertrain lineup:
- Gasoline engines:
- Turbocharged I-3 / inline three-cylinder engine (base)
- Turbocharged I-4 / inline four-cylinder engine (uplevel)
- Diesel engines:
- Turbocharged I-4 / inline four-cylinder engine
For the Chinese and Australian markets, the vehicle is produced by a Shanghai-GM factory by GM China.
The future Chevrolet Equinox will have the following competitors:
- Ford Escape/Kuga
- Jeep Cherokee
- Jeep Compass
- Honda CR-V
- Toyota RAV4
- Nissan Rogue
- Kia Sportage
- Hyundai Tucson
- Volkswagen Tiguan
- Subaru Crosstrek
- Mazda CX5
- Mitsubishi Outlander
Before The All-New Model
Before the all-new future Chevy Equinox reaches the market, we expect the current third-generation Equinox to receive minor changes, updates, and improvements. See information about the current-generation Equinox by using the following links:
- 2009 Chevrolet Equinox
- 2010 Chevrolet Equinox (introduction of second-gen model)
- 2011 Chevrolet Equinox
- 2012 Chevrolet Equinox
- 2013 Chevrolet Equinox
- 2014 Chevrolet Equinox
- 2015 Chevrolet Equinox
- 2016 Chevrolet Equinox
- 2017 Chevrolet Equinox
- 2018 Chevrolet Equinox (introduction of third-gen model)
- 2019 Chevrolet Equinox
- 2020 Chevrolet Equinox
Discuss the next Chevy Equinox in our Chevrolet forum.
Follow our coverage of Chevrolet Equinox news.