Future Chevrolet Camaro
We expect the next, seventh-generation Chevrolet Camaro to reach the market in the vicinity of the 2023 model years. Until then, we expect the current, sixth-generation Camaro to receive minor changes, updates, and improvements.
Following is speculative and unconfirmed information about the next Chevrolet Camaro. This page is a continuous work-in-progress and will be updated on a regular basis as we await official details from General Motors and Chevrolet.
If you notice any inaccuracies about the information provided, or have edits to suggest, please let us know here.
|Last redesigned model year:||2016 (sixth generation)|
|Expected midcycle refresh/MCE model year:||2019|
|Expected redesign model year:||2023 (seventh generation)|
|Expected name:||Chevrolet Camaro|
|Current platform:||Alpha platform|
|Future platform:||Alpha 2 platform or VSS-R platform|
|Layout:||FR (front-engined, rear-wheel-drive)|
|Current body styles:||compact two-door coupe, compact two-door convertible|
|Future body styles:||compact two-door coupe, compact two-door convertible|
|Segment:||Pony Car Segment|
|Expected gasoline engines:||turbocharged I-4, naturally-aspirated V-6, turbocharged V-6, naturally-aspirated V-8, supercharged V-8|
|Expected transmissions:||6-speed manual, 10-speed automatic|
- What: an all-new Chevrolet Camaro that will represent the seventh generation of the Camaro nameplate
- When: we expect the next Camaro to launch in the vicinity of the 2023 model year
- Why: an all-new Camaro will enable Chevrolet to continue competing in the pony car segment
- Where: available in all current markets where the Camaro is currently sold, including the United States, Canada, Mexico, China, Europe, Russia, select Central and South America markets, as well as the Middle East
Following are our expectations about the future Chevrolet Camaro:
- Based on the GM Alpha 2 platform, delivering improvements in underpinnings and engineering
- All-new exterior, available in two-door coupe and two-door convertible body styles
- All-new interior
- Inclusion of next-generation infotainment system
- Introduction of more GM Active Safety features and technologies
- Introduction of all-new powertrain range
We expect the upcoming future Chevy Camaro to continue being available in two-door coupe and two-door convertible body styles.
We expect the next Chevy Camaro to carry similar pricing as the current, first-gen model:
- Starting price of the next Camaro coupe will be in the vicinity of $25,000
- Starting price of the next Camaro convertible will be in the vicinity of $30,000
It is currently unclear which platform the next-gen Chevy Camaro will use. However, it is highly likely that the vehicle will ride on one of the following two platforms: the GM Alpha 2 platform or the GM VSS-R platform (vehicle set).
Which of the two architectures the next Camaro rides on will largely depend on the cadence that Chevrolet parent company, General Motors, will take with the roll out of its Vehicle Set Strategy.
Whatever platform the next Camaro ends up riding on, the vehicle will feature a front, longitudinally-mounted engine driving the rear wheels. All-wheel-drive is not likely to be an option.
We expect the next Chevy Camaro to feature the following powertrain lineup:
- Turbocharged I-4 / inline four-cylinder engine
- Naturally-aspirated V-6 / v-shaped six-cylinder engine
- Turbocharged V-6 / v-shaped six-cylinder engine
- Naturally-aspirated V-8 / v-shaped eight-cylinder engine
- Supercharged V-8 / v-shaped eight-cylinder engine
- 6-speed manual transmission
- New GM 10-speed automatic transmission
Due to economic and political climates, it is currently unclear where GM will produce the next-generation Camaro.
The future Chevrolet Camaro will have the following competitors:
- Ford Mustang
- Dodge Challenger
- Dodge Barracuda
- Nissan 370Z
- Next Toyota Supra
Before The All-New Model
Before the all-new future Chevy Camaro reaches the market, we expect the current sixth-generation Camaro to receive minor changes, updates, and improvements. See information about the current-generation Camaro by using the following links:
- 2014 Chevrolet Camaro
- 2015 Chevrolet Camaro
- 2016 Chevrolet Camaro (introduction of first-gen model)
- 2017 Chevrolet Camaro
- 2018 Chevrolet Camaro
- 2019 Chevrolet Camaro (expected mid-cycle refresh of sixth-gen model)
- 2020 Chevrolet Camaro
Discuss the next Chevy Camaro in our Chevrolet forum.
Follow our coverage of Chevrolet Camaro news.