Future Buick Enclave
We expect the next-generation Buick Enclave to reach the market in the vicinity of the 2025 model year. Until then, we expect the current, second-generation Buick Enclave to receive minor changes, updates, and improvements.
Following is speculative and unconfirmed information about the future Buick Enclave. This page is a continuous work-in-progress and will be updated on a regular basis as we await official details from General Motors and Buick.
If you notice any inaccuracies about the information provided, or have edits to suggest, please let us know here.
|Last redesigned model year:||2018 (second generation)|
|Expected refresh model year:||2021|
|Expected redesign model year:||2025 (third generation)|
|Expected name:||Buick Enclave|
|Current platform:||C1 platform (Chi)|
|Layout:||FF (front-engined, front-wheel-drive/all-wheel-drive)|
|Current body styles:||four-door crossover|
|Future body styles:||four-door crossover|
|Expected gasoline engines:||turbo I-4, naturally aspirated V-6, possible turbo-charged V-6|
|Expected diesel engines:||four-cylinder turbo-diesel possible|
|Expected transmissions:||9-speed automatic|
|Expected alternative fuel powertrains:||plug-in gas-electric hybrid or all-electric EV possible|
- What: an all-new full-size crossover representing the third generation of the Enclave nameplate
- When: a launch in calendar year 2024 as a 2025 model year vehicle
- Why: an all-new Enclave will continue to strengthen Buick’s leading position in the full-size crossover segment
- Where: sold in all current markets where Buick sells the Enclave, including the United States, Canada and Mexico; the vehicle’s availability might also be expanded to the Chinese market
Following are our expectations of the future Buick Enclave:
- Based either on the GM VSS-F platform/vehicle set
- Introduce the evolved Buick design language, including headlights and taillights
- Introduce an improved interior, with increased levels of refinement, luxury, and convenience
- Include the GM Super Cruise autonomous driving technology
- Introduce a plug-in hybrid/PHEV variant or a pure battery electric model
- Introduce more “premium” features to distinguish it from a possible new Buick midsize crossover, which would potentially be called Enspire
We expect the upcoming future Buick Enclave to continue being available as a full-size luxury crossover with four doors and three rows of seating.
We expect the starting price of the next Buick Enclave to rise to the $43,000-$45,000 range in order to create more space between it and the rumored midsize Buick CUV, which will potentially be called Enspire.
We expect it to ride on the GM VSS-F platform/vehicle set shared with other front-drive GM vehicles and crossovers.
We expect the next Buick Enclave to feature the following engine choices:
- New turbo 2.0L I-4 engine with automatic engine stop/start functionality to replace the GM 2.0L Turbo LTG (gasoline)
- 3.6L V-6 LGX with automatic engine stop/start functionality as an step up from the new 2.0L Turbo (gasoline)
- Possibly a twin-Turbo 3.0L V-6 LGW (gasoline) in a performance variant
- Possibly an electric plug-in hybrid/PHEV (gasoline/electric)
- Possibly a pure battery-electric variant
We expect that the next Enclave will be offered with the new GM 9-speed automatic transmission. The potential plug-in hybrid and electric models would have their own powertrain.
It is currently unclear where GM will produce the next-generation Buick Enclave. The first-generation and second-generation models are assembled by GM USA at the GM Lansing Delta Township factory in Michigan.
The future Buick Enclave will compete with the following vehicles:
- Infiniti QX60
- Acura MDX
- Lexus RX-L
- Volvo XC90
- Lincoln Aviator
Before The All-New Model
Before the all-new future Enclave reaches the market, we expect the current second-generation Enclave to receive minor changes, updates, and improvements. See information about the current Enclave by using the following links:
- 2009 Buick Enclave (introduction of first-generation model)
- 2010 Buick Enclave
- 2011 Buick Enclave
- 2012 Buick Enclave
- 2012 Buick Enclave
- 2013 Buick Enclave
- 2014 Buick Enclave
- 2015 Buick Enclave
- 2016 Buick Enclave
- 2017 Buick Enclave
- 2018 Buick Enclave (introduction of second-generation model)
- 2019 Buick Enclave
- 2020 Buick Enclave
- 2021 Buick Enclave (expected midcycle refresh)
Discuss the future Buick Enclave in our Buick forum.
Follow our coverage of Buick Enclave news.