2021 Chevrolet Trax
The Chevrolet Trax receives a few changes and updates for the 2021 model year, including the addition of the turbocharged 1.4L I4 LE2 gas engine, which replaces the turbo-four LUV engine.
|Assembly location||GM Bupyeong Plant, Korea and GM San Luis Potosi Plant, Mexico|
|Engine||1.4L I-4 LUV, 1.4L I-4 LE2|
|Drive wheels||Front-Wheel-Drive, All-Wheel-Drive|
|Availability||U.S.A., Canada, Korea, China|
Changes, Updates, New Features
- Deletion of Premier trim level
- Deletion of five exterior color options
- Addition of four exterior color options
- Deletion of body-color door handles with chrome accent
- Deletion of 18-inch Midnight Silver aluminum wheels (RRT)
- Deletion of power sunroof option
- Deletion of Bose premium seven-speaker system
- Deletion of Jet Black with Brandy interior color combination option
- Standard seat on LT models is now Deluxe Cloth with Leatherette
- Addition of Premium Seat Package
- SiriusXM Radio is now standard on the LS model
- Addition of Premium Seat Package
- Addition of Lifestyle Package (LPO-level item)
- Addition of Road Trip Package (LPO-level item)
- LT Convenience Package contents updated
See detailed 2021 Chevrolet Trax changes, updates and new features here: 2021 Chevy Trax change log.
The updates and changes described here are specific to the U.S. market and may be different for other markets.
The 2021 Chevy Trax continues to be offered as a subcompact, five-door crossover utility vehicle (CUV).
Models & Trims
The 2021 Chevrolet Trax is offered as a retail or fleet model, with the LS being the base model.
2021 Trax Retail & Fleet Models:
- LS FWD (1JU76)
- LS AWD (1JR76)
- LT FWD (1JV76)
- LT AWD (1JS76)
2021 Trax Retail & Fleet Trims:
The 2021 Chevrolet Trax offers a total of nine exterior colors. The Trax also offers two interior color options and three different seat trims.
The 2021 Trax color options include:
- 9 Exterior Colors:
- Midnight Blue Metallic
- Silver Ice Metallic
- Summit White
- Mosaic Black Metallic
- Crimson Metallic
- Black Cherry Metallic
- Stone Gray Metallic
- Iridescent Pearl Tricoat
- Shadow Gray Metallic
- 2 Interior Colors:
- Dark Galvanize with Ebony
- Shale with Ebony
- Brandy with Ebony
- Chestnut with Ebony
The 2021 Chevrolet Trax originally offered a single engine choice: the 1.4-Liter LUV Ecotec Turbo I4. As mentioned, the 1.4-liter inline four-cylinder LE2 replaces the LUV roughly a third of the way through the 2021 model year.
|Engine||Fuel||Aspiration||Transmission||Horsepower @ RPM||Torque @ RPM||Axle|
|1.4L Ecotec I-4 LUV||Gasoline||Turbocharged||6-Speed Automatic (MNK)||138 @ 4900||148 @ 1850||3.53|
|1.4L Ecotec I-4 LE2||Gasoline||Turbocharged||6-Speed Automatic (MNK)||153 @ 4900||177 @ 1850||3.53|
Like all first-generation units of the Chevrolet Trax, the 2021 Trax continues to ride on the GM Gamma II platform shared with the first-generation Buick Encore and first-generation Chevrolet Sonic.
The 2021 Chevy Trax is assembled at the following two factories for global markets:
- GM Bupyeong factory operated by GM Korea
- GM San Luis Potosi factory operated by GM Mexico
2021 Trax pricing is as follows:
- LS – $22,395
- LT – $24,195
Price reflects starting MSRP and includes the $995 destination freight charge.
The 2021 Trax followed the regular GM model year rollover sequence, and launched in the third quarter of the 2020 calendar year.
We expect the first-generation Trax to live on at least for the 2021 and 2022 model years in North America. At some point in the future, the Trax might be replaced outright by the all-new Chevrolet Trailblazer.
See Chevy Trax sales numbers for all markets, including the United States, Canada, Mexico, and China.
- Information for market (country) specified.
- Sales information compiled from various sources by GM Authority and Motrolix.
Discuss the 2021 Chevrolet Trax in our Chevrolet forum.
Four trim levels, one powertrain choice. The Trax was jointly developed in Korea and in the U.S.
The 2024 Chevy Trax Officially Launches In South Korea
Mary Barra To Participate In 2024 Chevy Trax Launch In Korea
Four trim levels, one powertrain choice.
The Trax was jointly developed in Korea and in the U.S.
- 2021 Chevrolet Trax Changes, Updates, New Features