2022 Chevrolet Traverse
The Chevrolet Traverse was scheduled to receive a refresh in 2021 (see 2021 Chevrolet Traverse info), however, due to complications caused by the Coronavirus pandemic, the changes were pushed into the 2022 model year. To clarify, the 2022 Traverse launched in early fall of the 2021 calendar year.
As such, the Traverse receives a mid-cycle enhancement (MCE), otherwise known as an update, refresh or facelift, for the second-gen Traverse’s fifth model year, consisting of updates to its exterior and interior.
|Assembly location||Lansing Delta Township Plant, Michigan, USA|
|Engine||3.6L LFY V6|
|Drive wheels||Front-Wheel-Drive, All-Wheel-Drive|
Changes, Updates, New Features
- Deletion of the base L equipment group
- The base trim level is now the LS
- Addition of three new exterior colors:
- Deletion of three new exterior colors:
- Addition of active aero shutters, upper and lower
- Addition of door handles, body-color with chrome strip
- Addition of LED headlamps
- Addition of outside heated, power-adjustable, power-folding, body-color mirrors with integrated turn signal indicators
- Driver side includes auto-dimming feature
- Addition of rear camera mirror washer
- Addition of 5 new wheel sets
- Addition of chrome wheel locks (LPO-level item)
- Addition of new black grille (LPO-level item)
- Addition of Redline accent decals (LPO-level item)
- Addition of black fog lamp trim
- Addition of bright roof rack cross rails (LPO-level item)
- Deletion of front fog lamps
- Deletion of high intensity discharge headlamps
- Deletion of outside heated power-adjustable and auto-dimming, manual-folding, body-color mirrors with turn signal indicators
- Deletion of black-painted mirror caps
- Deletion of body-color moldings with chrome inserts
- Deletion of standard black rocker moldings
- Deletion of three wheel sets
- Deletion of black finished grill (LPO-level item)
- Deletion of black fog lamp trim (LPO-level item)
- Deletion of bright roof rack cross rails (LPO-level item)
- Addition of Chevrolet Infotainment 3 Plus audio system
- Addition of Buckle to Drive, which is standard on all models
- Addition of 8-inch customizable, enhanced, mutli-color driver instrument information display
- Addition of stop-start system override button
- Addition of Safety Package, which is standard on LS (1FL) models and available on LS (1LS) models, and includes:
See detailed 2022 Chevrolet Traverse changes, updates and new features here: 2022 Chevy Traverse change log.
The updates and changes described here are specific to the U.S. market and may differ for other markets.
The 2022 Chevrolet Traverse will continue to be offered as a full-size four-door crossover utility vehicle (CUV) with three rows of seating.
The 2022 Chevrolet Traverse is offered with the following engine and transmission:
|Engine||Aspiration||Transmission||Power (hp / kW @ RPM)||Torque (lb-ft / Nm @ RPM)||Axle Ratio|
|3.6L LFY V6||Naturally-Aspirated||9-Speed Auto (M3V)||310 / 232 @ 6800||266 / 361 @ 2800||3.49|
Like all second-generation units of the Chevy Traverse, the 2022 Traverse continues to ride on the long-wheelbase variant of the GM C1 platform (or “Chi”) shared most directly with 2018 and newer Buick Enclave (second generation).
A shorter version of the C1 platform is used to underpin the following vehicles:
- 2017 and newer Cadillac XT5 (first generation)
- 2018 and newer GMC Acadia (second generation)
- 2019 and newer Chevrolet Blazer
- 2020 and newer Cadillac XT6 (first generation)
- 2020 and newer Chevrolet Blazer XL / three-row Blazer
- 2020 and newer “baby” Buick Enclave (China market)
The 2022 Chevy Traverse entered the market during the fall of the 2021 calendar year.
See Chevrolet Traverse sales numbers for all markets, including the United States, Canada, Mexico, and China.
- Information for market (country) specified.
- Sales information compiled from various sources by GM Authority and Motrolix.
We expect that the current, second-generation Chevrolet Traverse will remain in production for at least the 2022, 2023 and probably the 2024 model years, and that an all-new, future Chevrolet Traverse will launch in the vicinity of the 2024 model year.
Discuss the 2022 Chevrolet Traverse in our Chevrolet forum.
GM will shift to 2023 Traverse production in June. Interest-free financing and a national lease are also available.
GM will shift to 2023 Traverse production in June.
Interest-free financing and a national lease are also available.
- 2022 Chevrolet Traverse Changes, Updates, New Features