2020 Chevrolet Traverse
The 2020 Chevrolet Traverse receives several minor changes and updates, representing the third model year of the second-generation Traverse.
Changes, Updates, New Features
Here’s what’s different for the 2020 Chevrolet Traverse:
- Deletion of three exterior colors
- Addition of three new exterior colors
- Deletion of two wheel types
- Addition of two wheel types
- New center cap design on 20″ Dark Android painted aluminum wheels (SS9)
- Deletion of upper and lower active aero shutters and upper active aero shutters
- Addition of Keyless Entry Keypad with all-new vertical design, 5-digit programmable keypad located on driver-side B-pillar as LPO-level option
- Replacement of last-generation Chevrolet Infotainment systems with new Chevrolet Infotainment system 3
- Surround Vision replaced by HD Surround Vision
- Rear Vision Camera replaced by HD Rear Vision Camera
- Addition of trailering assist guidelines
- Assist of Hitch Guidance with Hitch View
- Deletion of turbo-charged 2.0L I-4 LTG engine (deleted mid-2019 model year), which was previously standard on Traverse RS. LTG engine is replaced by by 3.6 V-6 LFY engine on RS FWD model
- Deletion of 155 amp alternator (KW8)
- Deletion of auxiliary electric heater (C32)
- Trailering equipment is now available on RS FWD (V92)
- A significant amount of package-level changes. See link below for full change list.
See detailed 2020 Chevrolet Traverse changes, updates and new features here: 2020 Traverse change log.
The updates and changes described here are specific to the U.S. market and may be different for other markets.
The 2020 Chevrolet Traverse will continue to be offered as a full-size four-door crossover utility vehicle (CUV) with three rows of seating.
The 2020 Chevrolet Traverse offers a single engine choice:
|Engine||Fuel||Aspiration||Transmission||Horsepower @ RPM||Torque @ RPM||Axle|
|3.6L LFY V6||Gasoline||Naturally Aspirated||9-speed automatic M3V||310 @ 6800||266 @ 2800||3.49|
Additionally, the 2020 Traverse continues to be offered in either front-wheel or all-wheel drive configurations.
Like all second-generation units of the Chevy Traverse, the 2020 Traverse continues to ride on the long-wheelbase variant of the GM C1 platform (or “Chi”) shared with the following vehicles:
Meanwhile, the short-wheelbase version of the C1 platform is used to underpin the following vehicles:
We expect the 2020 Chevy Traverse to follow the regular GM model year rollover sequence, and launch on or before the third quarter of calendar year 2019.
We expect that the current, second-generation Chevrolet Traverse will remain in production for at least the 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023 and probably the 2024 model years, and that an all-new, future Chevrolet Traverse will launch in the vicinity of the 2024 or 2025 model year.
Discuss the 2020 Chevrolet Traverse in our Chevrolet forum.
Follow our coverage of Chevy Traverse news.
- 2020 Chevrolet Traverse Changes, Updates, New Features