2018 Chevrolet Tahoe Custom Edition
The 2018 Chevrolet Tahoe introduces a new Custom Edition. Like all other Custom models from Chevrolet, the Tahoe Custom is intended for buyers who want the uncompromised capability in a great looking package at an outstanding value.
Assigned RPO code YL4, the Tahoe Custom is based on the LS trim level and includes the following components:
- 18-inch painted wheels (RCV)
- P265/65R18 all-season, blackwall tires (RKX)
- Chrome grille insert (LPO, SJA)
- Third row passenger seat delete (ATD), increasing cargo space behind the second row to a substantial 54 cubic feet for added utility.
“The Tahoe Custom is a response to strong customer demand for Tahoe, as well as the full-size SUV segment moving upmarket,” said Sandor Piszar, Chevrolet Trucks marketing director. “In the past five years, the average transaction price for the segment has climbed fueled by customer appetite for features like heated and cooled seats, adaptive cruise control and a head-up display. This created an unmet need in the marketplace for customers who want the cargo and towing capability of a full-size SUV to go camping, boating or off-roading but don’t necessarily want all of the option content offered on a Tahoe Premier.”
The 2018 Chevrolet Tahoe Custom comes standard with the following capabilities:
- 6,600 pounds of towing capacity, capable of increasing to 8,600 pounds when the vehicle is equipped with the maximum trailering package
- Maximum of 112 cubic feet of cargo space
- 5.3L V-8 L83 engine making 355 horsepower and 383 pound-feet of torque, delivering an expected segment-leading 23 mpg highway based on EPA estimates
The Chevrolet Tahoe Custom features a suite of connectivity technologies, including:
- Apple CarPlay & Android Auto compatibility
- 4G LTE connectivity with Wi-Fi hotspot (includes three-month/3G data trial)
- 8-inch color touchscreen radio
- Standard rear-vision camera
- Standard remote start
- Standard teen driver mode
- Available Enhanced Driver Alert Package that includes:
- Up to five USB ports and five power outlets, including a 110-volt three-prong outlet, to support electronic devices of all kinds with up to 11 charging locations
The 2018 Chevrolet Tahoe Custom became available at Chevy dealers in September 2017.
The 2018 Chevrolet Tahoe Custom is priced at $44,995, including $1,295 destination fee. That is just over $4,000 less than the $449,005 starting price of the standard Tahoe after the $1,295 destination fee.