2024 Chevrolet Suburban
The 2024 Chevrolet Suburban represents the fourth model year of the 12th generation full-size SUV, which was completely overhauled for the 2021 model year. We expect the 2024 Suburban to receive a mid-cycle enhancement, otherwise known as a refresh.
|Assembly Location||Arlington, Texas, USA|
|Body Style(s)||Full-Size SUV|
|Engine(s)||3.0L LZ0 I6 Duramax (Diesel), 5.3L L84 V8 (Gas), 6.2L L87 V8 (Gas)|
|Drive Wheels||Rear-Wheel-Drive, Four-Wheel-Drive|
|Availability||U.S.A., Canada, Mexico, Middle East, select export markets|
|Predecessor||2023 Chevrolet Suburban|
|Successor||2025 Chevrolet Suburban|
Expected Changes, Updates, New Features
We expect the 2024 Chevy Suburban to get the following changes and updates:
- New front fascias incorporating Chevrolet’s signature “high brow” treatment, which separates the headlights into two tiers
- The top part of the headlights will serve as the daytime running lights (DRLs) and turn signals, while the bottom part will be the actual forward light and high beam
- New rear fascia and tail lights
- New roof-mounted communications antenna fin
- New 24-inch wheels option
- Overhauled cockpit, with new a new, larger infotainment screen and a revised center stack
- New 3.0L LZ0 turbodiesel Duramax engine to replace the 3.0L LM2 Duramax diesel
- The new LZ0 delivers more power and torque, while fixing some refinement issues, most notably the long crank issue; see how the two compare at this link: LZ0 vs LM2
- Notably, there’s a good chance that the 2024 Suburban Z71 will be offered with the “Baby Duramax” LZ0 engine; by comparison, the 2021, 2022 and 2023 Suburban did not offer the Z71 trim level in conjunction with a diesel engine option, since the diesel didn’t fit with the “high-cut” front fascia of the Z71
- Addition of dual-mode exhaust (active / valved exhaust) system on models with 6.2L V8 L87 engine
Suburban vs. Tahoe
The Chevy Suburban is an extended-length variant of the Chevrolet Tahoe, with the Suburban having a longer wheelbase and overall length that delivers more interior space, particularly in the third row and cargo area. See more details about Suburban vs. Tahoe.
See Chevrolet Suburban sales numbers for all markets, including the United States, Canada, Mexico, and more.
Discuss the 2024 Chevrolet Suburban in our Chevrolet forum.
Already built out for the 2023 MY.
No major changes expected for the 2024 MY.