2023 Chevrolet Suburban
The 2023 Chevrolet Suburban represents the third model year of the 12th-generation full-size SUV, for which it receives a few minor changes and updates.
These changes follow the 2021 Suburban, which received a complete overhaul (re-engineering and redesign), followed by minor changes to the 2022 Suburban. From there, the 2024 Suburban featured even fewer minor changes, while the 2025 Suburban receives the midcycle refresh.
|Assembly Location||Arlington, Texas, USA|
|Body Style(s)||Full-Size SUV|
|Engine(s)||3.0L LM2 I6 Duramax (Diesel), 5.3L L84 V8(Gas), 6.2L L87 V8(Gas)|
|Drive Wheels||Rear-Wheel-Drive, Four-Wheel-Drive|
|Availability||U.S.A., Canada, Mexico|
|Predecessor||2022 Chevrolet Suburban|
|Successor||2024 Chevrolet Suburban|
The 2023 Chevrolet Suburban is offered as a full-size five-door SUV across the following trim levels:
- Commercial / Fleet (fleet only)
- High Country
2WD models carry product code CC10906 while 4WD models are labeled CK10906.
The Suburban is the extended-length variant of the Chevrolet Tahoe, which is the shorter model.
Changes, Updates, New Features
The 2023 Suburban sees a few minor changes, including changes to the exterior color palette, new wheels, the addition of Super Cruise, along with some changes to packages.
See a complete list of 2023 Chevy Suburban changes, updates and new features.
The 2023 Chevrolet Suburban carries over the engine and transmission choices from the 2022 model year.
|Engine||Fuel||Aspiration||Transmission||Drivetrain||Horsepower @ RPM||Torque @ RPM||Axle Ratio|
|5.3L L84 EcoTec3 V8||Gasoline||Atmospheric||10-Speed Automatic (MHS)||RWD or 4WD||355 @ 5600||383 @ 4100||3.23|
|6.2L L87 EcoTec3 V8||Gasoline||Atmospheric||10-Speed Automatic (MHS)||RWD or 4WD||420 @ 5600||460 @ 4100||3.23|
|3.0L LM2 Duramax I6||Diesel||Turbocharged||10-Speed Automatic (MQC)||RWD or 4WD||277 @ 3750||460 @ 1500||3.23|
Production of the 2023 Chevy Suburban began on July 19th, 2022 and concluded in November 2023 to make room for the 2024 model. All models are produced at the GM Arlington plant in Texas, United States.
Like all 12th-generation Suburbans, the 2023 Chevy Suburban continues to ride on the GM T1 platform, otherwise known as GMT-T1 or T1XX.
Designed for pickup trucks and body-on-frame SUVs, the architecture made its debut on the fourth-generation 2019 Chevrolet Silverado and fifth-gen 2021 GMC Sierra full-size pickups. It also underpins the Suburban’s shorter-length variant, the fifth-gen 2021 Chevrolet Tahoe (and newer), plus its corporate siblings – the fifth-gen 2021 Cadillac Escalade (and newer) and the fifth-gen 2021 GMC Yukon/2021 GMC Yukon XL (and newer).
The 2023 Suburban is offered in three seating configurations, seating either nine, eight, or seven passengers.
- Nine-passenger configuration (3-3-3): only available on the fleet/commercial and LS trims, this setup features a front 40/20/40 split bench seat in the front row (providing seating for three), along with a bench seat in the second row (seating three) and a bench seat in the third row (also seating three).
- Eight-passenger configuration (2-3-3): available on most trims, this setup features front bucket seats (providing seating for two), along with a bench seat in the second row (seating three) and a bench seat in the third row (also seating three).
- Seven-passenger configuration (2-2-3): available on most trims, this setup features front bucket seats (providing seating for two), along with captain’s chairs in the second row (seating two) and a bench seat in the third row (seating three).
We expect the current, 12th-generation Suburban to remain in production through at least the 2027 model year, and an all-new, next-generation Chevy Suburban to launch after the 2027 model year. A refresh is planned for the 2025 model year (see more about the 2025 Chevy Suburban).
See Chevrolet Suburban sales numbers for global markets, including the United States, Canada, Mexico, and more.
Discuss the 2023 Chevrolet Suburban in our Chevrolet forum.
Two gas engines available, but no diesel.
- 2023 Chevrolet Suburban Changes, Updates, New Features