2019 Chevrolet Spark
The Chevrolet Spark receives numerous changes and updates for the 2019 model year as part of a refresh (otherwise known as a midcycle enhancement, MCE or facelift).
Changes, Updates, New Features
Following are the highlights of the changes, updates and new features for the 2019 Chevy Spark:
- Restyled front-end appearance with new fascia, grille and headlamps on LS, 1LT and 2LT trims
- Addition of projection-type headlamps
- Addition of LED daytime running lamps on 1LT and 2LT trims
- Revised wheel designs LS, 1LT and 2LT trims
- Four new exterior colors replacing four existing ones
- Replacement of USB port and auxiliary input jack (located in front center stack storage bin) with 2 USB data ports that are illuminated (located in the front center stack storage bin)
- Replacement of interior color to True White
- Replacement of 7″ diagonal color touchscreen Chevrolet MyLink Radio infotainment system with 7″ diagonal color touchscreen with Chevrolet Infotainment 3
- Addition of Low Speed Forward Automatic Braking as part of the Driver Confidence Package
- Other: the Spark Activ model does not see the appearance changes as the LS, 1LT and 2LT trims
See the complete list of 2019 Chevy Spark changes and updates.
The updates and changes described here are specific to the U.S. market and may be different for other markets.
The 2019 Chevy Spark continues to be offered as a four-door hatchback in the mini car (A segment). There are, however, variances within the same body style between the regular model (LS, LT trim levels) and the Spark ACTIV.
The Spark ACTIV features unique front and rear fascias with accents influenced by off-road skid plates, as well as a unique wheel design and a revised suspension that increases the ride height by 0.4-inch (10 mm). Additional unique content includes:
Like all second-generation units of the Chevrolet Spark, the 2019 Spark continues to ride on GM’s Gamma 2 platform shared with the following vehicles:
The 2019 Chevy Spark follows the regular GM model year rollover sequence, and launches in the third quarter of the 2018 calendar year.
We expect that the current-, second-generation Chevrolet Spark will at least remain in its current form, except for a few minor updates, for the 2020 and 2021 model years, as we do not expect the all-new, future Chevy Spark to launch until the 2022-2023 model years, potentially as a crossover-like vehicle.
Discuss the Chevy Spark in our Chevrolet forum.
Follow our coverage of Chevrolet Spark news.
- 2019 Chevrolet Spark Changes, Updates, New Features
- 2019 Chevrolet Spark Colors
- 2019 Chevrolet Spark Order Guide
- 2019 Chevrolet Spark Specifications