2022 Chevrolet Silverado HD
The Chevrolet Silverado HD underwent a complete overhaul (redesign and re-engineering) when the 2020 Silverado HD entered the market. The model then received some minor changes and updates for 2021, and sees small changes again for the 2022 model year, which represents the third production year for the fourth-generation of the nameplate.
For those who may not be familiar with the product, the Silverado Heavy Duty line includes 2022 Silverado 2500HD models as well as 2022 Silverado 3500HD models.
|Assembly Location||GM Flint Assembly in Flint, Michigan, USA and GM Fort Wayne Assembly in Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA|
|Body Style(s)||Regular Cab, Double Cab, Crew Cab|
|Engine(s)||6.6L L8T V8, 6.6 L5P V8 Duramax (Diesel)|
|Transmission(s)||6-Speed Auto, 10-Speed Auto|
|Drive Wheels||Rear-Wheel-Drive, Four-Wheel-Drive|
|Availability||U.S.A., Canada, Mexico|
|Predecessor||2020 Chevrolet Silverado HD|
|Successor||2022 Chevrolet Silverado HD|
Changes, Updates, New Features
- Deletion of Oxford Brown Metallic exterior color
- Addition of Greenstone Metallic exterior color
- Addition of 20-inch Machined face aluminum wheels with high gloss Black accents and beadlock appearance (SQ9) (LPO-level item)
- Multi-Flex tailgate with six functional load/access features is now available on all models
- (DLF) Mirror changes to RPO code (DLN)
- Seat Belt Adjustable Guide Loops on Crew Cab and Double Cab models
See detailed 2022 Chevrolet Silverado HD changes, updates and new features here: 2022 Chevrolet Silverado HD change log.
The updates and changes described here are specific to the U.S. market and may differ for other markets.
See Chevrolet Silverado sales numbers for all markets, including the United States, Canada, Mexico, and more.