2022 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Limited Changes, Updates, New Features
The 2022 Chevy Silverado Limited will enter the model lineup as a stop-gap measure until production of the refreshed Silverado begins. As such, the 2022 Silverado Limited is essentially a continuation of the 2021 Chevy Silverado 1500, with the same trim levels, options, exterior paint colors, and interior color combinations. That said, the light-duty pickup truck does see a few changes for the 2022 model year.
- Deletion of Double Cab model (CK18753) on Custom Traill Boss trim level (2CX)
- Deletion of cargo tie-down rings (LPO-level item)
- Deletion of rubber bed mat (LPO-level item)
- Deletion of tiered storage (LPO-level item)
- Deletion of single-zone air conditioning (C67)
- Single-zone, semi-automatic air conditioning now standard on Work Truck, Custom, and Custom Trail Boss models
- Deletion of HD radio option
- Deletion of the 4.3L LV3 V6 engine
- Deletion of the 5.3L L82 V8 engine
- Consequent deletion of E85 FlexFuel capability
- Deletion of 6-speed automatic transmission (MYC)
- 2.7L L3B Turbo I4 engine is now standard on Work Truck (1WT), Custom (1CX) and Custom Trail Boss (2CX) trim levels
- 5.3L EcoTec3 L84 V8 engine is now standard on RST Crew Cab (1SP)
- 5.3L EcoTec3 L84 V8 engine is now available on Work Truck (1WT)
- Duramax Turbo-Diesel 3.0L LM2 I6 engine is now available on LT Trail Boss (2LT)
- Deletion of Custom Max Trailering Package, which included:
- 9.76-inch rear axle
- Enhanced cooling radiator
- Revised shock tuning for increased control
- Heavier duty rear springs
- Increased RGAWR
- 220-amp alternator
The updates and changes described here are specific to the U.S. market and may differ for other markets.
Discuss the 2022 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTD in our Chevrolet forum.
Silverado 1500 News
The Silverado ZR2 competes in the Best In The Desert series.
Previously offered on all trim levels.