2022 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Limited
The 2022 Chevy Silverado Limited – or LTD – will enter the model lineup as a stop-gap measure until production of the refreshed Silverado begins. As such, the 2022 Silverado Limited is essentially a continuation of the 2021 Chevy Silverado 1500, with the same trim levels, options, exterior paint colors, and interior color combinations.
Notably, the Bow Tie brand took a similar approach with the arrival of the fourth-generation Silverado 1500 for the 2019 model year. At the time, the all-new T1-platformed truck was accompanied by a Silverado 1500 Limited model, which was a K2-platformed model offered exclusively in the Double Cab configuration. As such, the Silverado 1500 Limited model is effectively a carry over of the 2021 Silverado 1500 while the automaker readies the refreshed 2022 Silverado 1500 for the market.
|Assembly Location||GM Fort Wayne Assembly in Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA, GM Silao Plant in Mexico, GM Oshawa Plant in CanadaBody Style(s)||Light-Duty Pickup Truck|
|Engine(s)||Turbo 2.7L I4 (Gas), 5.3L L84 V8, 6.2L L87 V8, 3.0 LM2 Duramax I6 (Diesel)|
|Transmission(s)||8-Speed Auto, 10-Speed Auto|
|Drive Wheels||Rear-Wheel-Drive, Four-Wheel-Drive|
|Availability||U.S.A., Canada, Mexico|
|Predecessor||2021 Chevrolet Silverado 1500|
|Successor||2023 Chevrolet Silverado 1500|
Changes, Updates, New Features
- Deletion of Double Cab model (CK18753) on Custom Traill Boss trim level (2CX)
- Deletion of cargo tie-down rings (LPO-level item)
- Deletion of rubber bed mat (LPO-level item)
- Deletion of tiered storage (LPO-level item)
- Deletion of single-zone air conditioning (C67)
- Deletion of HD radio option
- Deletion of the 4.3L LV3 V6 engine
- Deletion of the 5.3L L82 V8 engine
- Consequent deletion of E85 FlexFuel capability
- Deletion of 6-speed automatic transmission (MYC)
- 2.7L L3B Turbo I4 engine is now standard on Work Truck (1WT), Custom (1CX) and Custom Trail Boss (2CX) trim levels
- 5.3L EcoTec3 L84 V8 engine is now standard on RST Crew Cab (1SP)
- 5.3L EcoTec3 L84 V8 engine is now available on Work Truck (1WT)
- Duramax Turbo-Diesel 3.0L LM2 I6 engine is now available on LT Trail Boss (2LT)
- Deletion of Custom Max Trailering Package
See detailed 2022 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTD changes, updates and new features here: 2022 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTD change log.
The updates and changes described here are specific to the U.S. market and may differ for other markets.
Additionally, the Oshawa plant in Canada is currently only building Chevrolet Silverados. Production began with the Silverado HD in November. In the spring of 2022, Oshawa will begin producing Silverado 1500s, timed with the launch of the refreshed model announced earlier this year. This will make Oshawa the only GM plant to exclusively produce Silverado models, and the only plant making both light and heavy duty trucks.
Order books for the 2022 Chevy Silverado lineup will open on July 15th.
We expect the fourth-generation Silverado 1500 to remain in production through the 2025 model year.
An all-new, next-generation Chevy Silverado will most likely launch after the 2025 model year.
Discuss the 2022 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTD in our Chevrolet forum.
Silverado 1500 News
Plus, low-interest financing is also available.
Still offered on other trim levels.
- 2022 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Limited Changes, Updates, New Features