2021 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD
The 2021 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD underwent a complete overhaul (redesign and re-engineering) for the 2020 model year. As such, the model has received some minor changes and updates for 2021, which represents the second production year for the fourth-generation of the nameplate.
|Assembly Location||GM Flint Assembly in Flint, Michigan, USA and GM Oshawa Plant in Canada|
|Body Style(s)||Regular Cab, Double Cab, Crew Cab|
|Engine(s)||6.6L L8T V8, 6.6 L5P V8 Duramax (Diesel)|
|Transmission(s)||6-Speed Auto, 10-Speed Auto|
|Drive Wheels||Rear-Wheel-Drive, Four-Wheel-Drive|
|Availability||U.S.A., Canada, Mexico|
|Predecessor||2020 Chevrolet Silverado HD|
|Successor||2022 Chevrolet Silverado HD|
Changes, Updates, New Features
- Deletion of two exterior color options
- Addition of two exterior color options
- Addition of Bright power-retractable assist steps
- New LPO-level wheel sets
- Manual tailgate with EZ Lift, power lock and release is now standard on LT models
- Deletion of front 40/20/40 split bench seat
- Addition of Carpeted floor liners
- Addition of Wireless Phone Projection for Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Addition of Inside rearview mirror with partial video display
- Addition of Bed View Camera
- Front 40/20/40 split-bench with upper covered armrest storage is now standard on Work Truck and Custom models
- USB ports (x2) located on instrument panel now standard on Work Truck and Custom trim levels
- SiriusXM is now available on Work Truck models and standard on LT models
- Addition of E85 FlexFuel capability
- Addition of Carhartt Special Edition
- Addition of Safety Confidence Package
- Addition of Duramax and Appearance Package on LT models
- Addition of Z71 Sport Edition for LT and LTZ models
- Addition of Z71 Chrome Sport Edition
- Addition of Midnight Edition
- Addition of LTZ Premium Texas Edition
- New LTZ Convenience Package II contents
- Alaskan Snow Plow Package now includes 18-inch High gloss Black aluminum wheels
See detailed 2021 Chevrolet Silverado HD changes, updates and new features here: 2021 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD change log.
The updates and changes described here are specific to the U.S. market and may differ for other markets.
The 2021 Silverado 2500HD is offered with several cab and box configurations:
- Regular Cab, Long Bed
- Double Cab, Standard Bed
- Double Cab, Long Bed
- Crew Cab, Standard Bed
- Crew Cab, Long Bed
Models & Trims
The 2021 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD is available as a retail or fleet model, with the Work Truck (1WT) being the base model.
2021 Silverado 2500 HD Retail & Fleet Models:
- Standard Bed Crew Cab
- 2WD (CC20743)
- 4WD (CK20743)
- Long Bed Crew Cab
- 2WD (CC20943)
- 4WD (CK20943)
- Standard Bed Double Cab
- 2WD (CC20753)
- 4WD (CK20753)
- Long Bed Double Cab
- 2WD (CC20953)
- 4WD (CK20953)
- Long Bed Regular Cab
- 2WD (CC20903)
- 4WD (CK20903)
2021 Silverado 2500HD Retail & Fleet Trims:
- Work Truck
- High Country
The 2021 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD is offered with the following engine and transmission choices:
|Engine||Fuel||Aspiration||Transmission||Horsepower @ RPM||Torque @ RPM||Axle|
|6.6L L8T V8||Gasoline||Naturally Aspirated||6-Speed Automatic (MYD)||401 @ 5200||464 @ 4000||3.73|
|6.6L Duramax L5P V8||Diesel||Turbocharged||10-Speed Automatic (MGM, MGU)||445 @ 2800||910 @ 1600||3.42|
The 2021 Silverado 2500HD is assembled at the GM Flint plant in Michigan.
Additionally, the Oshawa plant in Canada is currently only building Chevrolet Silverados. Production began with the Silverado HD in November. In the spring of 2022, Oshawa will begin producing Silverado 1500s, timed with the launch of the refreshed model announced earlier this year. This will make Oshawa the only GM plant to exclusively produce Silverado models, and the only plant making both light and heavy-duty trucks.
2021 Silverado 2500HD units should reach dealer lots by the end of the third quarter of 2020.
We expect the fourth-generation Silverado 2500HD to remain in production thru the 2026 model year.
An all-new, next-generation Chevy Silverado will most likely launch after the 2026 model year.
Discuss the 2021 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD in our Chevrolet forum.
Silverado 2500HD News
Low-interest financing and local market leases are also available.
The stop-sale order came into effect late last month.
- 2021 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Changes, Updates, New Features