2021 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
The 2021 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 represents the third model year of the fourth-generation Silverado, which entered the market for the 2019 model year.
Notably, diesel-powered Silverado 1500 models saw a price drop at the end of the 2020 model year production run, which then carried over into the 2021 model year. Specifically, models equipped with the 3.0-liter Duramax LM2 Turbo Diesel received a $1,500 price reduction. The new starting price of $44,000 also applied to remaining 2020 units as of September 3rd, 2020.
The pickup truck also received several updates and changes for the 2021 model year.
|Assembly Location||GM Fort Wayne Assembly in Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA and GM Silao Plant in Mexico|
|Body Style(s)||Light-Duty Pickup Truck|
|Engine(s)||Turbo 2.7L I4 (Gas), 4.3L LV3 V6, 5.3L L82 V8, 5.3L L84 V8, 6.2L L87 V8, 3.0 LM2 Duramax I6 (Diesel)|
|Transmission(s)||6-Speed Auto, 8-Speed Auto, 10-Speed Auto|
|Drive Wheels||Rear-Wheel-Drive, Four-Wheel-Drive|
|Availability||U.S.A., Canada, Mexico|
|Predecessor||2020 Chevrolet Silverado 1500|
|Successor||2022 Chevrolet Silverado 1500|
Changes, Updates, New Features
- CC10743 2WD Crew Cab Standard Bed model is no longer available on Custom, RST, LTZ or High Country models
- CC10753 2WD Double Cab Standard Bed model is no longer available on RST or LTZ models
- CK10753 4WD Double Cab Standard Bed model is no longer available on LTZ models
- Deletion of two exterior colors
- Addition of three exterior colors
- Deletion of manual tailgate with EZ Lift
- Deletion of 20-inch x 9-inch painted aluminum with machined face and Gray accent pocket wheels (NZT)
- 20-inch x 9-inch Black painted aluminum wheels (RD5) are now free flow on Custom Trail Boss and LT Trail Boss models
- 20-inch x 9-inch Polished finish wheels are now standard on LTZ
- Sunroof no longer available on LT models
- Deletion of front 40/20/40 split bench seat
- Addition of Carpeted floor liners
- Addition of Wireless Phone Projection for Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Deletion of USB port located on instrument panel
- SiriusXM is now available on Work Truck models and standard on Custom, Custom Trail Boss, LT, RST, and LT Trail Boss models
- OnStar is now standard on Custom and Custom Trail Boss models
- Addition of LT265/60R20 MT blackwall Goodyear Wrangler Territory tires (QFV)
- Addition of Safety Confidence Package, available on Work Truck, Custom, and Custom Trail Boss models
- Addition of All Star Edition Plus
- Addition of Texas Edition Plus
- Addition of LTZ Premium Texas Edition
- Custom Value Package is now standard on Custom models
- Convenience Package with Bucket Seats is now standard on LT Trail Boss models
- LTZ Plus Package is now standard on LTZ models
- New standard content for LT and RST models
- Deletion of Texas Edition
- Deletion of LT Value Package
- Deletion of RST Value Package
- Deletion of LTZ Texas Edition
- Deletion of Remote Start Package
- Deletion of (XFE) Fuel Economy Package
- Deletion of Trailer Camera Package
See detailed 2021 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 changes, updates and new features here: 2021 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 change log.
The updates and changes described here are specific to the U.S. market and may differ for other markets.
The 2021 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 is available as a light-duty full-size pickup truck with several cab and bed configurations.
- Three Cabs:
- Regular Cab
- Double Cab
- Crew Cab
- Three Beds:
- Short Bed
- Standard Bed
- Long Bed
The cab and bed choices are available in the following configurations
- Crew Cab, Short Bed
- Crew Cab, Standard Bed
- Double Cab, Standard Bed
- Regular Cab, Standard Bed
- Regular Cab, Long Bed
We should note that each of the above body configurations are available with either a rear-wheel or four-wheel drivetrain assembly.
Models & Trims
The 2021 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 continues to be offered as a retail or fleet model, with the Work Truck (1WT) being the base model.
Here is the entire Silverado 1500 model range along with the corresponding RPO code:
- Work Truck (1WT)
- Silverado Custom (1CX)
- Silverado Custom Trail Boss (2CX)
- LT (1LT)
- RST (1SP)
- LT Trail Boss (2LT)
- LTZ (1LZ)
- High Country (3LZ)
The 2021 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 is offered with the following engine and transmission choices:
|Engine||Fuel||Aspiration||Transmission||Horsepower @ RPM||Torque @ RPM||Axle Ratio|
|4.3L LV3 EcoTec3 V6||Gasoline||Atmospheric||6-speed automatic MYC||285 @ 5300||305 @ 3900||3.42|
|2.7L L3B I4||Gasoline||Turbocharged||8-Speed Automatic (MQE)||310 @ 5600||348 @ 1500-4000||3.42|
|5.3L L82 EcoTec3 V8||Gasoline||Atmospheric||6-Speed Automatic (MYC)||355 @ 5600||383 @ 4100||3.42|
|5.3L L84 EcoTec3 V8||Gasoline||Atmospheric||2WD 8-Speed Automatic (MQE) / 4WD 10-Speed Automatic (MQB)||355 @ 5600||383 @ 4100||3.42|
|6.2L L87 EcoTec3 V8||Gasoline||Atmospheric||10-Speed Automatic (MQB)||420 @ 5600||460 @ 4100||3.23|
|3.0L LM2 Duramax I6||Diesel||Turbocharged||10-Speed Automatic (MQB)||277 @ 3750||460 @ 1500||3.23|
Another noteworthy occurrence is the aforementioned $1,500 price reduction, which GMAuthority was the first to report. The change results in the following starting prices for Silverado 1500 models equipped with the Duramax Diesel engine option:
|Model||Starting MSRP (before reduction)|
|LT Double Cab 2WD||$45,500|
|LT Double Cab 4WD||$48,800|
|LT Crew Cab Short Bed 2WD||$47,900|
|LT Crew Cab Short Bed 4WD||$51,200|
|LT Crew Cab Standard Bed 4WD||$51,500|
|RST Double Cab 2WD||$47,030|
|RST Double Cab 4WD||$50,330|
|RST Crew Cab Short Bed 2WD||$49,655|
|RST Crew Cab Short Bed 4WD||$52,955|
|RST Crew Cab Standard Bed 4WD||$53,255|
|LTZ Double Cab 2WD||$47,390|
|LTZ Double Cab 4WD||$50,690|
|LTZ Crew Cab Short Bed 2WD||$49,790|
|LTZ Crew Cab Short Bed 4WD||$53,090|
|LTZ Crew Cab Standard Bed 4WD||$53,390|
|High Country Crew Cab Short Bed 2WD||$57,390|
|High Country Crew Cab Short Bed 4WD||$60,890|
|High Country Crew Cab Standard Bed 4WD||$61,190|
- Prices include destination and delivery charge of $1,595
The 2021 Silverado 1500 continues riding on the GM T1 platform, which also underpins the Silverado HD, Yukon, and other full-size GM trucks and SUVs.
As of 2019, Silverado 1500 models have been assembled at the Silao plant in Mexico and the Fort Wayne plant in Indiana, USA.
Additionally, the Oshawa plant in Canada is currently only building Chevrolet Silverados. Production of the fourth-gen models began with the Silverado HD in November. In the spring of 2022, Oshawa will begin producing Silverado 1500s, timed with the launch of the refreshed model announced earlier this year. This will make Oshawa the only GM plant to exclusively produce Silverado models, and the only plant making both light and heavy-duty trucks.
The GM Flint plant in Michigan also builds heavy-duty trucks.
The 2021 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 became available in late 2020.
We expect the fourth-generation Silverado 1500 to remain in production through the 2025 model year.
An all-new, next-generation Chevy Silverado will most likely launch after the 2025 model year.
Discuss the 2021 Chevrolet Silverado in our Chevrolet forum.
Silverado 1500 News
2024 Chevy Silverado ZR2 To Offer LZ0 Duramax Diesel Engine
Torque-tastic off-roader incoming.
2024 Chevy Silverado 2.7L Engine To Be Called TurboMax
The torque monster gets a new name.
- 2021 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Changes, Updates, New Features