2019 Chevrolet Silverado
The Chevrolet Silverado will receive a complete overhaul for the 2019 model year for the 1500/light duty model. The 2500HD and 3500HD will remain with few changes. The Silverado line will be expanded to include two all-new Chevrolet Conventional Medium Duty trucks for the Class 4 and Class 5 segments – the Silverado 4500 and Silverado 5500.
2019 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
The Chevy Silverado 1500 is completely overhauled (redesigned and re-engineered) for the 2019 model year. The update comes six years after the launch of the current, third-generation Silverado, thereby marking the fourth generation of the Silverado nameplate.
On Saturday, December 16th, Chevrolet truck owners were invited to the Texas Motor Speedway in Dallas, Texas for the Centennial Celebration of Chevy Trucks. The event – one hundred years in the making – celebrated Chevy’s 100 years of truck building. That’s what attendees were there for. But what they didn’t know is that they would be the first people in the world to see the all-new Silverado. With surprise and excitement in the air during, the 2019 Silverado was introduced in the most spectacular of ways – by being helicoptered into the speedway’s infield and then driven off to pose in front of the audience. Watch the 2019 Silverado live reveal video, which stars and is narrated by Alan Batey, GM North America President and Global President of Chevrolet.
Chevrolet was proud to say that the 2019 Silverado 1500 is the result of 7,000 customer interviews, the most research in Chevrolet’s history. The brand has confirmed the following about the 2019 Silverado 1500:
- Introduce an all all-new exterior design, incorporating the latest Chevrolet design language
- Feature widespread use of mixed materials and higher-grade alloy steel in the bed, resulting in a “significant weight reduction” and improved performance (improved overall performance and higher fuel economy); the material use could be similar to the advanced mixed material frame seen in the Cadillac CT6
- Offer a total of eight Silverado models, one of which is the 2019 Silverado Trailboss
- Utilize integrated dual exhaust on some models along with a debossed tailgate
- Feature more engine/transmission combinations and more technology and convenience features
The current-generation, K2 Silverado will remain in production alongside the all-new model for one or two models years.
As per tradition, the 2019 Silverado is expected have a lot in common with the 2019 GMC Sierra, including the architecture, powertrain lineup, and more. Exterior styling will likely be substantially different between the two models, while cabin design will likely be common between both vehicles, with the biggest difference being lighting color and differences in materials.
After the brisk appearance at the Chevy Truck Centennial celebration in Texas, the 2019 Silverado 1500 will make its full-fledged debut on January 13th, 2018. The unveiling falls on a Saturday and will take place at an exclusive event in Detroit, just days before the 2018 North American International Auto Show (NAIAS). GM Authority will be present and accounted for during the invite-only affair, which is when we expect to see gobs of complete information about the pickup.
See complete information on the all-new 2019 Silverado 1500.
In addition, the outgoing K2 platform Silverado will also be offered alongside the all-new model in limited configurations.
See complete information on the all-new 2019 Silverado 1500 K2 generation.[/toggle]
2019 Chevrolet Silverado HD
The 2019 Chevy Silverado HD family, consisting of Silverado 2500HD and Silverado 3500HD, marks the final model year for the heavy duty K2 generation, as the brand-new 2020 Chevrolet Silverado HD rides on the newer T1 platform.
That said, the 2019 Silverado HD does receive a few minor changes to colors, equipment, or option packages.
Changes, Updates, New Features
- Deletion of two models
- Long Box Regular Cab now only available on WT 4WD models
- Addition of Chrome grille with chrome mesh insert
- Addition of one exterior color
- Addition of Silverado HD Tribute Edition
See detailed 2019 Chevrolet Silverado HD changes, updates and new features here: 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD change log.
- Deletion of Regular Cab and Double Cab models
- Addition of Chrome grille with chrome mesh insert
- Addition of Mosaic Black Metallic exterior color
- Addition of Silverado HD Tribute Edition
See detailed 2019 Chevrolet Silverado HD changes, updates and new features here: 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD change log.
The updates and changes described here are specific to the U.S. market and may differ for other markets.
2019 Chevrolet Silverado 4500/5500
Chevrolet returns to the Medium Duty truck segment with the 2019 Silverado Medium Duty Class 4 truck (4500) and Class 5 truck (5500). The automaker says the Silverado Medium Duty will be “powerful, highly maneuverable, and among the easiest trucks on the market to upfit with specialized bodies, such as dump bodies, rollbacks, freight boxes and more.”
Highlights of the new truck include:
- Duramax turbo-diesel engine
- Allison transmission
- Co-developed with Navistar, which operates the International Trucks brand
- Not related to the Chevrolet Low Cab Forward medium duty trucks sourced from Isuzu
- Available in Regular Cab and Crew Cab models with 4×2 and 4×4 capability
- Be available in a wide range of GVWRs and wheelbases
- Offer optional OnStar with 4G LTE connectivity that is being embraced by fleet management companies to help improve safety and productivity thanks to tools like OnStar Commercial Link
See more on the 2019 Chevrolet Conventional Medium Duty trucks.
The all-new 2019 Chevy Silverado 1500 will continue being offered as a full-size pickup truck with various configurations, including:
- Cabs: single, double and crew cabs
- Beds: short, standard and long beds
The 2019 Silverado 2500HD and 3500HD will continue being offered as a full-size heavy-duty light pickup truck with various configurations, including:
- Cabs: double or crew cabs
- Beds: standard or short box
The 2019 Silverado 4500 and 5500 will be offered as a Medium Duty, Class 4 and Class 5 truck, and:
- Cabs: Regular Cab and Crew Cab models
- Drive: 4×2 and 4×4 capability
- GVWRs and wheelbases: a wide range of GVWRs and wheelbases
- 2019 Silverado 1500 platform: the 2019 Chevy Silverado 1500 will ride on the new GM T1 platform
- 2019 Silverado 2500HD/3500HD platform: the 2019 Silverado 2500HD and 3500HD is expected to continue riding on the GM K2 platform
- 2019 Silverado 4500/5500: the 2019 Silverado Medium Duty trucks will ride on an all-new platform co-developed by Navistar
The 2019 Silverado 1500, 2500HD, and 3500HD will continue competing in the full-size mainstream pickup truck space with the following vehicles:
- Ford F-Series
- Ram Truck
- Toyota Tundra
- Nissan Titan
- GM’s own GMC Sierra
- Honda Ridgeline
The 2019 Silverado 4500 and 5500 Medium Duty trucks will compete in the Class 4 and Class 5 Medium Duty truck segment with the Ford Heavy Trucks (the F-650 and F-750).
The 2019 Silverado will be assembled at the following plants:
- GM Flint Assembly in Flint, Michigan, USA (LD and HD)
- GM Fort Wayne Assembly in Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA (LD and HD)
- GM Silao Assembly in Silao, Mexico (LD)
In addition, the GM Oshawa Assembly (plant #2) in Oshawa, Ontario, Canada builds the last-generation K2 models through at least the end of the 2018 calendar year.
The Silverado Medium Duty 4500HD, 5500HD, and 6500HD are built at the Navistar Springfield plant in Springfield, Ohio, United States.
The all-new 2019 Silverado 1500 will be available across the Americas, including North and South America, as well as the Middle East. Introduction in other markets is possible, but concrete plans have not yet been announced. The 2019 Silverado 2500HD/3500HD as well as the Silverado 4500/5500 Medium Duty trucks will be in North America and the Middle East.
- Silverado 1500: The all-new 2019 Silverado 1500 went on sale in the United States in late 2018
- Silverado 2500HD/3500HD: went on sale in the United States in the third quarter of calendar year 2018
- Silverado 4500/5500: went on sale in the United States in the third quarter of calendar year 2018
Prior to the announcement, our expectations that the Silverado 1500 will be completely redesigned and re-engineered were based on several instances of spy shots:
- January 2017: the first spy shots of the 2019 Silverado 1500, in which the prototype was camouflaged to look like a Ford truck
- February 2017: the 2019 Silverado 1500 was spied winter testing
- March 2017: the 2019 Silverado 1500 was spied in California
- April 2017: the interior of the 2019 Silverado 1500 was caught on camera
- December 2017: the exterior of what looks to be a high-end Crew Cab model was caught testing wearing production sheetmetal
Discuss the 2019 Chevrolet Silverado in our Chevrolet forum.
Can this 545-horsepower Chevrolet pickup pull out a surprise win?
Turns out the Silverado 1500 is better engineered than even GM thought.
- 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
- 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 (Last-Gen K2 Platform)
- 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD
- 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD
- 2019 Chevrolet Silverado Changes, Updates, New Features
- 2019 Chevrolet Silverado Colors
- 2019 Chevrolet Silverado HD
- 2019 Chevrolet Silverado Medium Duty Trucks
- 2019 Chevrolet Silverado Order Guide
- 2019 Chevrolet Silverado Platform
- 2019 Chevrolet Silverado Powertrain
- 2019 Chevrolet Silverado Price
- 2019 Chevrolet Silverado Specifications
- 2019 Chevrolet Silverado Specs
- 2019 Chevrolet Silverado Trailboss