2019 Chevrolet Silverado
The Chevrolet Silverado receives a complete overhaul for the 2019 model year for the 1500/light duty model, and the 2500HD and 3500HD mostly carry over from the previous model year with few changes. The Silverado line also expands to include three all-new Chevrolet Conventional Medium Duty trucks for the Class 4, Class 5 and Class 6 segments – the 2019 Silverado 4500HD, 2019 Silverado 5500HD and 2019 Silverado 6500HD, respectively.
|Assembly Location||GM Flint Assembly in Flint, Michigan, USA, GM Fort Wayne Assembly in Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA, GM Silao Plant in Mexico|
|Body Style(s)||Light-Duty, Heavy-Duty, and Medium-Duty Pickup Trucks|
|Engine(s)||2.7L L3B I4, 4.3L LV3 V6, 5.3L L82 V8, 5.3L L83 V8, 5.3L L84 V8, 6.0L LC8 V8, 6.0L L96 V8, 6.2L L87 V8, 6.6 L5P V8 Duramax (Diesel), 3.0L LM2 I6 Duramax (Diesel)|
|Transmission(s)||Allison 6-Speed Auto,6-Speed Auto, 8-Speed Auto|
|Drive Wheels||Rear-Wheel-Drive, Four-Wheel-Drive|
|Availability||U.S.A., Canada, Mexico|
|Predecessor||2018 Chevrolet Silverado|
|Successor||2020 Chevrolet Silverado|
2019 Chevrolet Silverado Light Duty (1500)
The Chevy Silverado 1500 is completely overhauled (redesigned and re-engineered) for the 2019 model year. The update comes six years after the launch of the third-generation Silverado (2014-2019), thereby marking the fourth generation of the Silverado nameplate.
On Saturday, December 16th, 2017, Chevrolet truck owners were invited to the Texas Motor Speedway in Dallas, Texas for the Centennial Celebration of Chevy Trucks. The event – one hundred years in the making – celebrated Chevy’s 100 years of truck building.
Chevrolet was proud to say that the 2019 Silverado 1500 is the result of 7,000 customer interviews, the most research in Chevrolet’s history. The brand has confirmed the following about the 2019 Silverado 1500:
- Introduce an all all-new exterior design, incorporating the latest Chevrolet design language
- Feature widespread use of mixed materials and higher-grade alloy steel in the bed, resulting in a “significant weight reduction” and improved performance (improved overall performance and higher fuel economy); the material use could be similar to the advanced mixed material frame seen in the Cadillac CT6
- Offer a total of eight Silverado models, one of which is the 2019 Silverado Trailboss
- Utilize integrated dual exhaust on some models along with a debossed tailgate
- Feature more engine/transmission combinations and more technology and convenience features
The current-generation, K2 Silverado 1500 will remain in production alongside the all-new model for one model year.
- See complete information on the all-new 2019 Silverado 1500.
In addition, the outgoing K2 platform Silverado will also be offered alongside the all-new model in limited configurations.
- See complete information on the 2019 Silverado 1500 K2 generation.
2019 Chevrolet Silverado Heavy Duty (2500HD, 3500HD)
The 2019 Chevy Silverado HD family, consisting of Silverado 2500HD and Silverado 3500HD, marks the final model year for the heavy duty K2 generation, as the brand-new 2020 Chevrolet Silverado HD rides on the newer T1 platform.
That said, the 2019 Silverado HD does receive a few minor changes to colors, equipment, or option packages.
Changes, Updates, New Features
Model line Changes
- Deletion of two models
- Long Box Regular Cab now only available on WT 4WD models
- Addition of Chrome grille with chrome mesh insert
- Addition of one exterior color
- Addition of Silverado HD Tribute Edition
See detailed 2019 Chevrolet Silverado HD changes, updates and new features here: 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD change log.
Model line Changes:
- Deletion of Regular Cab and Double Cab models
- Addition of Chrome grille with chrome mesh insert
- Addition of Mosaic Black Metallic exterior color
- Addition of Silverado HD Tribute Edition
See detailed 2019 Chevrolet Silverado HD changes, updates and new features here: 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD change log.
The updates and changes described here are specific to the U.S. market and may differ for other markets.
2019 Chevrolet Silverado Medium Duty (4500HD, 5500HD, 6500HD)
Chevrolet returns to the Medium Duty truck segment with the 2019 Silverado Medium Duty Class 4 truck (4500HD), Class 5 truck (5500HD) and Class 6 truck (6500HD). The automaker says the Silverado Medium Duty is “powerful, highly maneuverable, and among the easiest trucks on the market to upfit with specialized bodies, such as dump bodies, rollbacks, freight boxes and more.”
Highlights of the new truck include:
- Duramax turbo-diesel engine
- Allison transmission
- Co-developed with Navistar, which operates the International Trucks brand
- Not related to the Chevrolet Low Cab Forward medium duty trucks sourced from Isuzu
- Available in Regular Cab and Crew Cab models with 4×2 and 4×4 capability
- Be available in a wide range of GVWRs and wheelbases
- Offer optional OnStar with 4G LTE connectivity that is being embraced by fleet management companies to help improve safety and productivity thanks to tools like OnStar Commercial Link
See more on the 2019 Chevrolet Conventional Medium Duty trucks.
The all-new 2019 Chevy Silverado 1500 continues being offered as a full-size pickup truck with various configurations, including:
- Cabs: single, double and crew cabs
- Beds: short, standard and long beds
The 2019 Silverado 2500HD and 3500HD continues being offered as a full-size heavy-duty light pickup truck with various configurations, including:
- Cabs: double or crew cabs
- Beds: standard or short box
The 2019 Silverado 4500HD, 5500HD, and 6500HD Medium Duty trucks are available in:
- Cabs: Regular Cab and Crew Cab models
- Drive: 4×2 and 4×4 capability
- GVWRs and wheelbases: a wide range of GVWRs and wheelbases
The 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 is offered with the following engine and transmission choices:
|Engine||Fuel||Aspiration||Transmission||Horsepower @ RPM||Torque @ RPM||Axle Ratio|
|4.3L LV3 EcoTec3 V6||Gasoline||Atmospheric||6-speed automatic MYC||285 @ 5300||305 @ 3900||3.42|
|2.7L L3B I4||Gasoline||Turbocharged||8-Speed Automatic (MQE)||310 @ 5600||348 @ 1500-4000||3.42|
|5.3L L82 EcoTec3 V8||Gasoline||Atmospheric||6-Speed Automatic (MYC)||355 @ 5600||383 @ 4100||3.42|
|5.3L L84 EcoTec3 V8||Gasoline||Atmospheric||2WD 8-Speed Automatic (MQE) / 4WD 10-Speed Automatic (MQB)||355 @ 5600||383 @ 4100||3.42|
|6.2L L87 EcoTec3 V8||Gasoline||Atmospheric||10-Speed Automatic (MQB)||420 @ 5600||460 @ 4100||3.23|
|3.0L LM2 Duramax I6||Diesel||Turbocharged||10-Speed Automatic (MQB)||277 @ 3750||460 @ 1500||3.23|
The 2019 Chevrolet Silverado HD is offered with the following engine and transmission choices:
|Engine||Fuel||Aspiration||Transmission||Horsepower @ RPM||Torque @ RPM||Axle|
|6.0L L96 V8||Gasoline||Atmospheric||6-Speed Automatic (MYD)||360 @ 5400||380 @ 4200||4.10|
|6.0L LC8 V8||Natural Gasoline||Atmospheric||6-Speed Automatic (MYD)||301 @ 5000||3300 @ 4200||4.10|
|6.6L L5P V8||Diesel||Turbocharged||Allison 6-Speed Automatic (MW7)||445 @ 2800||910 @ 1600||3.73|
- 2019 Silverado 1500: the 2019 Chevy Silverado 1500 rides on the new GM T1 platform
- 2019 Silverado 2500HD/3500HD: the 2019 Silverado 2500HD and 3500HD is expected to continue riding on the GM K2 platform
- 2019 Silverado 4500/5500/6500: the 2019 Silverado Medium Duty trucks ride on an all-new platform co-developed by Navistar
The 2019 Silverado 1500, 2500HD, and 3500HD will continue competing in the full-size mainstream pickup truck space with the following vehicles:
- Ford F-Series
- Ram Truck
- Toyota Tundra
- Nissan Titan
- GM’s own GMC Sierra
- Honda Ridgeline
The 2019 Silverado Medium Duty trucks will compete in the Class 4 and Class 5 Medium Duty truck segment with the Ford Heavy Trucks (the F-650 and F-750).
The 2019 Silverado was assembled at the following plants:
- GM Flint Assembly in Flint, Michigan, USA (HD)
- GM Fort Wayne Assembly in Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA (LD)
- GM Silao Assembly in Silao, Mexico (LD)
In addition, the GM Oshawa Assembly in Oshawa, Ontario, Canada built the last-generation K2 models through the end of the 2018 calendar year. Most recently, the Oshawa plant is currently only building Chevrolet Silverados. Production began with the Silverado HD in November. In the spring of 2022, Oshawa will begin producing Silverado 1500s, timed with the launch of the refreshed model announced earlier this year. This will make Oshawa the only GM plant to exclusively produce Silverado models, and the only plant making both light and heavy-duty trucks.
The Silverado Medium Duty 4500HD, 5500HD, and 6500HD are built at the Navistar Springfield plant in Springfield, Ohio, United States.
The all-new 2019 Silverado 1500 will be available across the Americas, including North and South America, as well as the Middle East. Introduction in other markets is possible, but concrete plans have not yet been announced. The 2019 Silverado 2500HD/3500HD as well as the Silverado 4500/5500 Medium Duty trucks will be in North America and the Middle East.
- Silverado 1500: The all-new 2019 Silverado 1500 went on sale in the United States in late 2018
- Silverado 2500HD/3500HD: went on sale in the United States in the third quarter of calendar year 2018
- Silverado 4500/5500: went on sale in the United States in the third quarter of calendar year 2018
Prior to the announcement, our expectations that the Silverado 1500 will be completely redesigned and re-engineered were based on several instances of spy shots:
- January 2017: the first spy shots of the 2019 Silverado 1500, in which the prototype was camouflaged to look like a Ford truck
- February 2017: the 2019 Silverado 1500 was spied winter testing
- March 2017: the 2019 Silverado 1500 was spied in California
- April 2017: the interior of the 2019 Silverado 1500 was caught on camera
- December 2017: the exterior of what looks to be a high-end Crew Cab model was caught testing wearing production sheetmetal
Discuss the 2019 Chevrolet Silverado in our Chevrolet forum.
All trims impacted.
- 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
- 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 (Last-Gen K2 Platform)
- 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD
- 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD
- 2019 Chevrolet Silverado Changes, Updates, New Features
- 2019 Chevrolet Silverado Colors
- 2019 Chevrolet Silverado HD
- 2019 Chevrolet Silverado Medium Duty Trucks
- 2019 Chevrolet Silverado Order Guide
- 2019 Chevrolet Silverado Platform
- 2019 Chevrolet Silverado Powertrain
- 2019 Chevrolet Silverado Price
- 2019 Chevrolet Silverado Specifications
- 2019 Chevrolet Silverado Specs
- 2019 Chevrolet Silverado Trailboss