2022 Chevrolet Malibu
The 2022 Chevrolet Malibu receives a few minor updates for the seventh model year of the nameplate’s ninth generation. The changes come after the 2019 Malibu received a mid-cycle refresh, and after minor changes were made for the 2020 model year and 2021 model year.
Notably, it’s possible that this may be the final model year for the mid-sized sedan.
|Assembly Location||GM CAMI Plant in Ontario, GM Ramos Plant in Mexico, GM-SAIC Wuhan II Plant in China|
|Body Style(s)||Mid-Size Sedan|
|Engine(s)||Turbo 1.5L LFV I4, Turbo 2.0L LTG I4|
|Transmission(s)||CVT, 9-Speed Auto|
|Availability||U.S.A., Canada, Mexico, China, South Korea|
|Predecessor||2021 Chevrolet Malibu|
|Successor||2023 Chevrolet Malibu|
Changes, Updates, New Features
- Deletion of the L trim level / 1VL equipment group
- Deletion of two exterior colors:
- Shadow Gray Metallic
- Black Cherry Metallic
- Addition of two exterior colors:
- Mineral Gray Metallic
- Dark Ash Metallic
- Deletion of front fender hash mark (LPO-level items)
- Deletion of mirror caps, alternate finish (LPO-level item)
- Deletion of 19-inch Black-painted wheels (5XQ) (LPO-level item)
- 16-inch aluminum wheels (QC7) now available on LT
- Deletion of powered universal tablet holder (LPO-level item)
- Deletion of cargo area organizer (LPO-level item)
- Deletion of first aid kit (LPO-level item)
- Deletion of sport pedal kit (LPO-level item)
- Deletion of inside rear side window sunshade (LPO-level item)
- Deletion of Stainless steel door sill plates (LPO-level item)
- Deletion of Illuminated door sill plates (LPO-level item)
- Deletion of manual parking brake
- For the 2022 model year, the electronic parking brake is now standard on all models
- Deletion of Portable Media Connectivity Package (LPO-level item)
- Deletion of Weather Protection Package (LPO-level item)
- Deletion of Weather Protection Package 2 (LPO-level item)
- Deletion of Winter/Summer Floor Mats Package (LPO-level item)
- Deletion of Appearance Package (LPO-level item)
See detailed 2022 Chevy Malibu changes, updates and new features here: 2022 Chevrolet Malibu change log.
The updates and changes described here are specific to the U.S. market and may be different for other markets.
See Chevrolet Malibu sales numbers for all markets, including the United States, Canada, Mexico, and South Korea.
- Information for market (country) specified.
- Sales information compiled from various sources by GM Authority and Motrolix.
Discuss the 2022 Chevrolet Malibu in our Chevrolet forum.
It’s one of two new hues for the 2022 Camaro. A last-second merge is almost never a good idea.
It’s one of two new hues for the 2022 Camaro.
A last-second merge is almost never a good idea.
- 2022 Chevrolet Malibu Changes, Updates, New Features