2021 Chevrolet Malibu
The 2021 Chevrolet Malibu receives a few minor updates for the fifth model year of the nameplate’s ninth generation. The changes come after the 2019 Malibu received a mid-cycle refresh, and after minor changes were made for the 2020 model year.
Changes, Updates, New Features
- Addition of Gloss Black grille (LPO-level item)
- Addition of one exterior color
- Deletion of two exterior colors:
- 19-inch aluminum (Q82) wheels are now available for retail orders on LT models
- Addition of Bucklet to Drive
- Addition of Wireless Apple CarPlay and Wireless Android Auto
- Revised shift knob design
- Deletion of all-weather floor liners (LPO-level item)
- Addition of Sport Package, which is available on LT models and includes
- Redline Edition now includes Redline outside mirror decals (LPO-level item), also includes:
- Deletion of Sport lowering suspension kit (LPO-level item)
See detailed 2021 Chevrolet Malibu changes, updates and new features here: 2021 Chevrolet Malibu change log.
The updates and changes described here are specific to the U.S. market and may be different for other markets.
The 2021 Chevrolet Malibu continues being offered as a four-door midsize sedan.
The 2021 Chevy Malibu continues riding on the GM E2 platform.
We expect the 2021 Chevrolet Malibu to continue being offered with the same two engine choices as the 2020 model.
The 2021 Chevrolet Malibu is produced across three GM plants globally:
- GM Fairfax plant in Kansas City, Kansas, USA – supplying the Americas
- GM Bupyeong plant in South Korea – supplying Eurasia
- Shanghai GM Jinqiao North in China (GM China) – supplying China
We expect the 2021 Chevrolet Malibu to have similar pricing as the 2021 model. We will update this section once Chevrolet prices the 2021 Malibu.
The 2021 model year represents the sixth model year of the ninth-generation Chevy Malibu. We expect the 2021 Malibu to follow the regular GM model year rollover sequence, and launch in the third quarter of the 2019 calendar year.
An all-new future Chevy Malibu is expected to launch around the 2023 model year. The vehicle is expected to transform in body style to a ruggedized wagon, and potentially even use a different name.
Discuss the 2021 Chevrolet Malibu in our Chevrolet forum.
Follow our coverage of Chevrolet Malibu news.
- 2021 Chevrolet Malibu Changes, Updates, New Features
- 2021 Chevrolet Malibu Colors