2021 Chevrolet Malibu
The 2021 Chevrolet Malibu receives a few minor updates for the sixth model year of the nameplate’s ninth generation. The changes come after the 2019 Malibu received a mid-cycle refresh, and after minor changes were made for the 2020 model year.
|Assembly Location||GM CAMI Plant in Ontario, GM Ramos Plant in Mexico, GM-SAIC Wuhan II Plant in China|
|Body Style(s)||Mid-Size Sedan|
|Engine(s)||Turbo 1.5L LFV I4, Turbo 2.0L LTG I4|
|Transmission(s)||CVT, 9-Speed Auto|
|Availability||U.S.A., Canada, Mexico, China, South Korea|
|Predecessor||2020 Chevrolet Malibu|
|Successor||2022 Chevrolet Malibu|
Changes, Updates, New Features
- Addition of Gloss Black grille (LPO-level item)
- Addition of one exterior color
- Deletion of two exterior colors:
- 19-inch aluminum (Q82) wheels are now available for retail orders on LT models
- Addition of Bucklet to Drive
- Addition of Wireless Apple CarPlay and Wireless Android Auto
- Revised shift knob design
- Deletion of all-weather floor liners (LPO-level item)
- Addition of Sport Package, which is available on LT models and includes
- Redline Edition now includes Redline outside mirror decals (LPO-level item), also includes:
- Deletion of Sport lowering suspension kit (LPO-level item)
See detailed 2021 Chevrolet Malibu changes, updates and new features here: 2021 Chevrolet Malibu change log.
The updates and changes described here are specific to the U.S. market and may be different for other markets.
The 2021 Chevrolet Malibu continues being offered as a four-door midsize sedan.
The 2021 Chevy Malibu continues riding on the GM E2 platform.
The 2021 Chevrolet Malibu continues to offered with the same two engine choices as the 2020 model:
|Engine||Fuel||Aspiration||Transmission||Horsepower @ RPM||Torque @ RPM||Axle|
|1.5L LFV I4||Gasoline||Turbocharged||Continuously Variable CVT (MRG)||163 @ 5700||184 @ 2500-3000||5.10|
|2.0L LTG I4||Gasoline||Turbocharged||9-Speed Automatic (M3E)||250 @ 5300||260 @ 2000-5000||2.89|
The 2021 Chevrolet Malibu is produced across three GM plants globally:
- GM Fairfax plant in Kansas City, Kansas, USA – supplying the Americas
- GM Bupyeong plant in South Korea – supplying Eurasia
- Shanghai GM Jinqiao North in China (GM China) – supplying China
Pricing for the 2021 Chevrolet Malibu remains the same as the 2020 model, and is as follows:
- L – $23,065
- LS – $24,195
- RS – $25,195
- LT – $27,595
- Premier – $34,295
The 2021 model year represents the sixth model year of the ninth-generation Chevy Malibu. We expect the 2021 Malibu to follow the regular GM model year rollover sequence, and launch in the third quarter of the 2019 calendar year.
An all-new future Chevy Malibu is expected to launch around the 2023 model year. The vehicle is expected to transform in body style to a ruggedized wagon, and potentially even use a different name.
See Chevrolet Malibu sales numbers for all markets, including the United States, Canada, Mexico, and South Korea.
- Information for market (country) specified.
- Sales information compiled from various sources by GM Authority and Motrolix.
Discuss the 2021 Chevrolet Malibu in our Chevrolet forum.
Sales of the Bow Tie’s only remaining sedan up 25 percent for a 16 percent segment share. A national lease is also available on Bow Tie brand’s only remaining sedan.
Sales of the Bow Tie’s only remaining sedan up 25 percent for a 16 percent segment share.
A national lease is also available on Bow Tie brand’s only remaining sedan.
- 2021 Chevrolet Malibu Changes, Updates, New Features
- 2021 Chevrolet Malibu Colors