2019 Chevrolet Malibu Diesel
The 2019 Chevrolet Malibu is expected to receive a new variant with a turbo-diesel engine.
Here’s what we expect from the Chevrolet Malibu Diesel:
- Features and equipment group based on the LT trim level
- 1.6L I-4 LH7 diesel mated to GM 9-speed automatic transmission
- Power: about 140 horsepower
- Torque: 240 pound-feet of torque
- Fuel economy: the best fuel offered by the ninth-generation Malibu without a hybrid system, in the vicinity of 42 MPG highway and 27 MPH city
We are basing our expectations that the 2019 Malibu will gain a diesel variant on the following findings:
- January 2018: Chevrolet Malibu Diesel rumors begin to swirl
- July 2018: diesel variant of the Chevrolet Malibu spied undergoing testing in South Korea
Availability & Introduction Date
We expect the Malibu Diesel to join the lineup in the very near future, either for the 2019 model year or for the mid-2019 model year, as a 2019i model.
Pricing for the 2019 Malibu Diesel is not available, since the model has not been officially announced. We will update this section when pricing is announced.