2019 Chevrolet Impala
The Chevrolet Impala receives a few minor changes and updates for the 2019 model year, which could be the last or second-to-last model year of the current, tenth-generation Impala, as the vehicle will likely be discontinued after the current generation.
Changes, Updates, New Features
Following are the highlights of the changes, updates and new features for the 2019 Chevy Impala:
- Deletion of Graphite Metallic exterior color
- Expanded availability of LPO-level (accessory) wheel locks, which are now available on all models
- Expanded availability of Jet Black Premium Cloth/Leatherette interior color combination, which is now available with LT Convenience Package
The 2019 Chevy Impala continues to be offered as a full-size four-door sedan.
Like all tenth-generation units of the Chevrolet Impala, the 2019 Impala continues to ride on a long-wheelbase variant of the GM Epsilon II platform called Super Epsilon. The architecture is shared with the second-generation Buick LaCrosse and first-generation Cadillac XTS. A short wheelbase of the Epsilon architecture underpinned the eighth-generation Chevrolet Malibu and fifth-generation Buick Regal.
Engines & Transmissions
The 2019 Impala is offered with the following engines and transmissions.
|Manufacturer||Brand||Model||Model Year||Engine||Wheel Drive||Transmission||Power (hp / kW @ RPM)||Torque (lb-ft / Nm @ RPM)|
|General Motors Company||Chevrolet||Impala||2019||2.5L I4 LCV DOHC||Front wheel drive||6-speed auto MHG||197 / 147 @ 6300||191 / 258 @ 4400|
|General Motors Company||Chevrolet||Impala||2019||3.6L V6 LFX DOHC||Front wheel drive||6-speed auto M7W||305 / 227 @ 6800||264 / 356 @ 5200|
The 2019 Chevy Impala is assembled at the following plants for global markets:
- GM Detroit-Hamtramck factory in Detroit, Michigan USA (GM USA)
- GM Oshawa factory in Oshawa, Ontario, Canada (GM Canada)
The 2019 Impala follows the regular GM model year rollover sequence, and be available for purchase at dealers by the third quarter of the 2018 calendar year.
We expect that the tenth-generation Impala will stick around for the 2019 and 2020 model years. After that, we expect the full-size sedan to either get replaced with an all-new, next Impala riding on the GM E2 platform shared with the third-generation Buick LaCrosse or discontinued, based on comments by GM executives.
- 2019 Chevrolet Impala Changes, Updates, New Features
- 2019 Chevrolet Impala Colors
- 2019 Chevrolet Impala Order Guide