2021 Chevrolet Express
The 2021 Chevrolet Express represents the 18th model year of the nameplate. For 2021, the Express receives a few minor changes, which vary by model.
Changes, Updates, New Features
- Deletion of three exterior color options
- Deletion of unique key option for side cargo and rear doors
- Deletion of rear body-colored halo, which replaced the standard Black panel located above rear tail lamps
- Deletion of Red seat belt option
- Deletion of audio system with navigation
- Deletion of rear auxiliary heater
- Deletion of GM Commercial Link
- Deletion of two engine options
- Addition of 6.6-liter L8T V8 engine option
- Models equipped with the 4.3-liter LV1 V6 engine option see GCWR (Gross Combined Weight Rating) increase to 15,000 pounds
- Deletion of Smoker’s Package, which included an ashtray and lighter
- The following packages now include the newly-added 6.6-liter L8T V8 engine option as well as one year of OnStar Vehicle Insights service
- Communications Package
- Safety Package
- Enhanced Convenience Package
Note: 2021 Chevrolet Express changes can vary from model to model, including the Cargo, Cutaway, and Passenger models. See detailed 2021 Express changes, updates and new features here: 2021 Chevrolet Express change log.
The updates and changes described here are specific to the U.S. market and may be different for other markets.
The 2021 Chevrolet Express will continue to be offered in three different body styles, including:
|Engine||Fuel||Aspiration||Drive Wheels||Transmission||Power (hp / kW @ RPM)||Torque (lb-ft / Nm @ RPM)||Axle Ratio|
|4.3L LV1 V6||Gasoline||Atmospheric||Rear-Wheel Drive||8-Speed Auto (M5U)||276 / 205.9 @ 5200||298 / 402.3 @ 3900-5200||3.42|
|6.6L L8T V8||Gasoline||Atmospheric||Rear-Wheel Drive||6-Speed Auto (MYD)||401 / 299 @ 5200||464 / 629 @ 4000||3.42|
|2.8L LWN Duramax I4||Diesel||Turbo||Rear-Wheel Drive||8-Speed Auto (MQD)||181 / 135.03 @ 5400||369 / 498.15 @ 2000||3.42|
The 2.8-Liter Duramax Turbodiesel engine is not available on Express Cutaway models. Additionally, while Express Cargo and Passenger models are only available with the standard 3.42 axle ratio, Cutaway models are also available with 3.73 and 4.10 axle ratios. Powertrain availability for 2021 Chevrolet Express Cutaway models is shown in the table below.
|Model||Engine||Wheel Drive||Transmission||Power (hp / kW @ RPM)||Torque (lb-ft / Nm @ RPM)||Axle Ratio|
|139-inch Wheelbase (TG33503)||4.3L LV1 V6||Rear-Wheel Drive||8-Speed Auto (M5U)||276 / 205.9 @ 5200||298 / 402.3 @ 3900-5200||Standard 3.42, Available 3.73|
|139-inch Wheelbase (TG33503)||6.6L L8T V8||Rear-Wheel Drive||6-Speed Auto (MYD)||401 / 299 @ 5200||464 / 629 @ 4000||Available 3.42, Available 3.73|
|159-inch Wheelbase (TG33803)||6.6L L8T V8||Rear-Wheel Drive||6-Speed Auto (MYD)||401 / 299 @ 5200||464 / 629 @ 4000||Available 3.42, Available 3.73, Standard 4.101|
|179-inch Wheelbase (TG33903)||6.6L L8T V8||Rear-Wheel Drive||6-Speed Auto (MYD)||401 / 299 @ 5200||464 / 629 @ 4000||Standard 3.73, Standard 4.101|
- 1 – Requires 4500 Van configuration
The 2021 Chevrolet Express continues to ride on the GM GMT 610 platform shared with the GMC Savana.
The 2021 Chevrolet Express follows the regular GM model year rollover sequence and will launch by the end of the 2020 calendar year in North America.
It is currently unclear when or if a next-generation Express will reach the market, though we know that the current model will continue to be sold through the 2023 calendar year. We expect the Chevrolet Express to continue receiving minor changes, updates, and improvements during that timeframe. A possible all-new replacement could arrive thereafter, potentially as an electric van.
Discuss the 2021 Chevy Express in our Chevrolet forum.
The offer applies to 2019 and 2020 Express models. Some engines are experiencing broken valve springs.
The offer applies to 2019 and 2020 Express models.
Some engines are experiencing broken valve springs.
- 2021 Chevrolet Express Changes, Updates, New Features