2025 Chevrolet Equinox
We expect the 2025 Chevrolet Equinox to receive a complete overhaul (redesign and re-engineering), thereby introducing the first model year of the all-new, fourth-generation compact crossover SUV.
|Assembly Location||San Luis Potosi, Mexico (expected)|
|Body Style(s)||Five-Door, Compact Crossover SUV|
|Engine(s)||New Small-Displacement Turbo Engine|
|Drive Wheels||Front-Wheel-Drive, All-Wheel-Drive|
|Availability||North America, China, South Korea, select export markets|
|Predecessor||2024 Chevrolet Equinox|
|Successor||2026 Chevrolet Equinox|
The 2025 Chevy Equinox will be completely overhauled, bringing an all-new, fourth generation model to market. Here’s what we expect from the all-new, 2025 Equinox.
- Addition of off-road-oriented trim, dubbed Activ or Z71 – as first reported by GM Authority
- Complete overhaul of exterior
- Overall size and footprint to remain similar to current, third-gen Equinox
- More expressive design, with a more pronounced and upright shape for the greenhouse
- More prominent execution of the two-tier “highbrow” headlight treatment than current model, similar to Chevy Blazer and Chevy Traverse, with thin upper running lights
- Horizontally-oriented tail lights with Chevy’s rear lighting signature
- Dual exhaust
- Knobby, off-road-oriented General Grabber AT tires on Activ/Z71 trim level, as first reported by GM Authority
- More expressive wheel designs across all models, particularly RS and Activ/Z71
- Complete overhaul of interior, with better ergonomics and more usable space
- Revamped gauge cluster (instrument panel), with higher-end trims receiving a fully digital instrument panel
- Revamped infotainment system with a larger screen and revamped software
- New and improved active safety (ADAS) features, such as Super Cruise semi-autonomous highway assistant
- New steering wheel
- New colors and materials, especially noticeable on Activ/Z71 trim
- The 2025 Chevy Equinox will be based on the D2-2 architecture, an updated version of the GM D2 platform used by the third-gen Equinox
- The same platform will be used by the 2025 GMC Terrain
- Powered by a new, small-displacement turbocharged engine mated to GM’s 9-speed automatic transmission
- Standard front-wheel-drive (FWD) and optional all-wheel-drive (AWD) on most models
- Activ/Z71 trim might feature AWD as standard
- Adoption of GM’s Global B electronic architecture, allowing over-the-air (OTA) updates to systems and components
Production & Availability
- We expect the 2025 Chevrolet Equinox to be produced at the GM San Luis Potosi plant in Mexico
- Production is expected to begin in mid-2024, with the first units beginning to arrive in the second half of 2024
Spy Shots & Leaks
We’ve spied the 2025 Chevrolet Equinox undergoing testing on various occasions including:
- December 2022: this prototype is actually the next-gen Chevy Equinox
- December 2022: 2025 Chevy Equinox spied testing again
- January 2023: next-gen Chevy Equinox to ride on carry-over platform
- March 2023: 2025 Chevy Equinox caught testing again
- May 2023: 2025 Chevy Equinox does its best Back to the Future impression
In June 2023, photos of the 2025 Equinox leaked online.
Follow our latest news coverage at these links:
See Chevrolet Equinox sales numbers for all markets, including the United States, Canada, Mexico, and more.
Discuss the 2025 Chevrolet Equinox in our Chevrolet forum.
Revealed before the crossover’s official debut in the country.
One group wants to ensure EV affordability.