2021 Chevrolet Equinox
The Chevrolet Equinox was originally expected to be refreshed for the 2021 model year, however, due to complications caused by the Coronavirus pandemic, the changes were pushed into the 2022 model year (see more 2022 Chevrolet Equinox info).
That said, the 2021 Chevrolet Equinox does see a few yet notable changes from the 2020 model year, including the deletion of the 2LT and 3LZ equipment groups, which includes the deletion of the 2.0-liter LTG engine option.
|Assembly Location||GM CAMI Plant in Ontario, GM Ramos Plant in Mexico, GM-SAIC Wuhan II Plant in China|
|Body Style(s)||Mid-Size Crossover|
|Engine(s)||2.5L I4 (Gas)|
|Drive Wheels||Front-Wheel-Drive, All-Wheel-Drive|
|Availability||U.S.A., Canada, Mexico|
|Predecessor||2020 Chevrolet Equinox|
|Successor||2022 Chevrolet Equinox|
Changes, Updates, New Features
- Deletion of 2LT and 3LZ trim levels
- Deletion of two exterior color options
- Deletion of 2.0-liter LTG turbocharged four-cylinder engine option
- Deletion of 9-speed automatic transmission (M3D)
- Deletion of trailering equipment (V92)
- Deletion of factory-installed trailer hitch and closeout cover
- Deletion of 17-inch front and 16-inch rear 4-wheel antilock disc brake configuration
- Deletion of 3.17 axle ratio
- Deletion of 17-inch steel spare wheel and 17-inch compact spare tire
- Deletion of dual-outlet stainless steel exhaust
- Addition of Leather Package, which is only available on LT (1LT) models
- Midnight Edition content revision
The updates and changes described here are specific to the U.S. market and may be different for other markets.
See detailed 2021 Equinox changes, updates and new features here: 2021 Chevrolet Equinox change log.
The 2021 Chevy Equinox continues to be offered in a single body style – a compact four-door crossover utility vehicle (SUV).
The 2021 Chevrolet Equinox offers the following engine choice:
|Engine||Fuel||Aspiration||Transmission||Horsepower @ RPM||Torque @ RPM||Axle|
|1.5L LYX I4||Gasoline||Turbocharged||6-speed automatic MNH||170 @ 5600||203 @ 2000-4000||3.50, 3.87|
Additionally, the 2021 Equinox continues to be offered in either front-wheel or all-wheel drive configurations.
Like all third-generation units of the Chevrolet Equinox, the 2021 Equinox continues to ride on the GM D2 platform shared with the following vehicles:
- Chevrolet Cruze
- Chevrolet Volt / Buick Velite
- Buick Verano
- GMC Terrain
- Buick Envision
- Buick Cascada / Opel Cascada
- Opel Astra K / Vauxhall Astra K
The 2021 Equinox is assembled at the following factories:
- GM CAMI plant in Ontario, Canada operated by GM Canada
- GM Ramos plant in Ramos Arizpe, Coahuila, Mexico operated by GM Mexico
- GM-SAIC Wuhan II in Hubei, China operated by Shanghai-GM
The starting MSRP for each 2021 Equinox trim level is as follows:
- L – $24,995
- LS – $27,495
- LT – $28,695
- Premier – $32,595
The 2021 Chevrolet Equinox is expected to be available in the third quarter of the 2020 calendar year.
The Chevrolet Equinox will receive a mid-cycle update for the 2021 model year, consisting of updates to its exterior, interior and powertrain.
Discuss the 2021 Chevrolet Equinox in our Chevrolet forum.
The facility currently produce the Chevy Equinox. 2020 and 2021 model-year vehicles are affected.
The facility currently produce the Chevy Equinox.
2020 and 2021 model-year vehicles are affected.
- 2021 Chevrolet Equinox Changes, Updates, New Features