2020 Chevrolet Equinox
The Chevrolet Equinox receives various minor changes and updates for the 2020 model year in order to stay competitive in its tight segment. The updates come after the Equinox was completely overhauled for the 2018 model year and receiving notable changes for 2019 (see info on 2019 Equinox).
Changes, Updates, New Features
- Deletion of seven exterior color options
- Addition of three exterior color options
- Deletion of outside heated power-adjustable, manual-folding body-color mirrors with turn signal indicators
- Addition of Jet Black perforated leather-appointed seating option
- Deletion of Leather-wrapped shift lever
- Deletion of turbodiesel 1.6L LH7 inline four-cylinder engine option
- Addition of Midnight Edition / Sport Edition
- Deletion of LT Appearance Package
- Deletion of Lights and Bright Package
- Deletion of Sun & Navigation Package and Sun, Sound & Navigation Package
- Addition of new standard safety features, including:
See detailed 2020 Chevrolet Equinox changes, updates and new features here: 2020 Equinox change log.
The updates and changes described here are specific to the U.S. market and may be different for other markets.
The 2020 Chevy Equinox continues to be offered in a single body style – a compact four-door crossover utility vehicle (SUV).
The 2020 Chevrolet Equinox offers two engine choices:
|Engine||Fuel||Aspiration||Transmission||Horsepower @ RPM||Torque @ RPM||Axle|
|1.5L LYX I4||Gasoline||Turbocharged||6-speed automatic MNH||170 @ 5600||203 @ 2000-4000||3.50, 3.87|
|2.0L LTG I4||Gasoline||Turbocharged||9-speed automatic M3D||252 @ 5500||260 @ 2000||3.17|
As previously stated, the turbodiesel 1.6L LH7 inline four-cylinder is no longer part of the lineup.
Additionally, the 2020 Equinox continues to be offered in either front-wheel or all-wheel drive configurations.
Like all third-generation units of the Chevrolet Equinox, the 2020 Equinox continues to ride on the GM D2 platform shared with the following vehicles:
- Chevrolet Cruze
- Chevrolet Volt / Buick Velite
- Buick Verano
- GMC Terrain
- Buick Envision
- Buick Cascada / Opel Cascada
- Opel Astra K / Vauxhall Astra K
The 2020 Equinox is assembled at the following factories:
- GM CAMI plant in Ontario, Canada operated by GM Canada
- GM Ramos plant in Ramos Arizpe, Coahuila, Mexico operated by GM Mexico
- GM-SAIC Wuhan II in Hubei, China operated by Shanghai-GM
The starting MSRP for each 2020 Equinox trim level is as follows:
- L – $24,995
- LS – $27,495
- LT – $28,695
- Premier – $32,595
The 2020 Chevrolet Equinox was launched in the third quarter of the 2019 calendar year.
The Chevrolet Equinox will receive a mid-cycle update for the 2021 model year, consisting of updates to its exterior, interior and powertrain.
Discuss the 2020 Chevrolet Equinox in our Chevrolet forum.
Follow our coverage of Chevrolet Equinox news.
- 2020 Chevrolet Equinox Changes, Updates, New Features